Author Topic: New computer monitor suggestions  (Read 114 times)

MidnightBoobies

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
New computer monitor suggestions
« on: October 06, 2019, 03:37:04 pm »
Looking to upgrade to a new monitor in the new few weeks and wondering what is everyone's go-to brand.

I currently have a LED 24' Acer Monitor, had trouble with it working with Windows 10 due to it being old but I got it working.

Indy

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1195
  • -Receive: 10236
Re: New computer monitor suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 11:27:21 am »
All of my panels are from Dell, mainly because their monitor stands are quite good and versatile.
If I were to buy a new panel, I'd make sure it would have a displayport. HDMI is very weird with their different standards, and there's lots of cheap/crappy HDMI cables out there that get loose over time.
Never had that problem with a displayport cable.

Resolution and stuff really comes down to personal taste and how good your eyes are. You can have a 4K panel in a 21" screen, but the pixels would be too small to read, so you would have to scale up the UI and that doesn't always work.
I think the best middleground monitor right now would be a 24" screen that runs a 1440p resolution.
Any higher resolution and my eyes couldn't tell the difference anymore.
A larger screen is only a half-solution. In my case, a 32" screen would mean that there's no more place for my 2nd and 3rd side monitors (I have a 3 screen setup).
A 32" screen also means that if you use it after dark, you're staring at quite a light cannon. And you'll need to move your head left and right when scanning across the screen. You can move it further away, but then you're better off getting a smaller screen.

So yeah, not really any specific recommendations, just my thoughts on a new computer screen.
I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live.

MidnightBoobies

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
Re: New computer monitor suggestions
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 03:39:35 pm »
I was looking around a few days ago when I went out to Staples and Best buy. Your right about the size of the monitor, I would stay at 24'.

Then i was thinking about just keeping the monitor I got and just use it till it goes, just save the money.

Tags: