As you may have noticed, we've launched our advertisement system for TPB. It's custom built to only show the ads that TPB approved. They will always be on topic and related to our community.
Here's how it works:
Currently, TPB is generating 5 Million pageviews per month.
There are 3 advertising pools. The server will first pick one pool. In each pool there are advertisement blocks from which the server will pick one randomly.
Here's the list of pools and their chance to be picked:
- Pool 1: 75% - Paid advertising pool. Everyone can advertise here by purchasing an advertising block.
- Pool 2: 20% - Free* starmember advertising pool. All starmembers can get one ad in this block to advertise themselves.
- Pool 3: 5% - TPB messages pool. When TPB wants to announce a new product, they can do it in here.
* Starmembers can advertise for free, however there has to be a counter offer for all TPB members, like a considerable discount on your site, of a unique free photoset or some special offer.
The prices for advertising blocks are as follows:
- 1 block for 1 month: € 50,-
- 1 block for 3 months: € 135,-
- 1 block for 6 months: € 250,-
- 1 block for 12 months: € 450,-
So, you share the pool you're advertising in with other people. This means that the more people that are in your pool, the fewer your ad is shown. This simply means that advertising on here is more popular, so there's a higher demand. You can either accept that you have fewer views and clicks, or you can buy another advertising block.
This system keeps it cheap for everyone, and is self-regulating.
- As a starmember, you're the one out of two advertisers in that pool. From all 5,000,000 pageviews that month, the starmember pool is 20%, so that's 1,000,000 views which you have to share with another, so you get 500,000 views on your ad that month.
- As a paid advertiser, you're the only one advertising in that pool. From all 5,000,000 pageviews that month, your pool gets 75%, so that's 3,750,000 views that you don't have to share with another, so you get 3,750,000 views that month.
- As a paid advertiser, you are one out of 20 people advertising in that pool. From all 5,000,000 pageviews that month, your pool gets 75%, so that's 3,750,000 views that you still need to share with 20 others. So that's a total of 3,750,000 divided over 21 advertisers: 178,571 pageviews for you that month. If you want to double that, you can pay another advertisement block. This means there are now 22 advertisers, 2 of which are yours. That means: (3,750,000 / 22)*2=340,909 views for you.
- Our banners are fairly big, that's because they will be on-topic and should not be screaming or annoying, so people may actually read them.
- Banner format: 1000x175px, 24bit PNG (with alpha channel).
- No explicit graphical content.
- Banners will always be screened by TPB staff.
- They need to be on-topic and related to TPB.
Contact me for more questions or to set it up.