Author Topic: The Breast Expansion Archive (BEA)  (Read 59318 times)

double

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1617
  • -Receive: 505
Re: The Breast Expansion Archive (BEA)
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 07:11:09 pm »
They emailed me too.  Surprised.  Shit-hole BEA was hacked.

deux_anges

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2133
  • -Receive: 366
  • Admiring the female form
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2012, 03:02:09 pm »
I have been a member of BEA for as long as that site has been in existance (mid 90's). They have gone through a lot over the years, which has resulted in the kinds of rules they have now. Their prime concern is avoidance of litigation and continuation of their forum.

Yes, I guess you can say that it makes the site rather uninteresting in some aspects, and I certainly take extreme care when posting there to make sure I don't break any of their rules. I in fact got a two-week ban about 10 years ago for an infringement of posting a Scoreland photo. Despite these shortcomings, overall I have no issue with how they run their site. It is their perogative to do so. There's no point in being angry or judgemental, just go with the flow.

I am still a member and visit regularly (about once a week). They are still a good site for news on new models, events. And there is plenty of nice stuff on their morph request section.

My 2 cents,
DA

bbf3

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 06:57:43 pm »
.... It is their perogative to do so. There's no point in being angry or judgemental, just go with the flow.

Yes it is their prerogative to do so.
An it is users prerogative to stay away from a forum run by mega morons and ultra assholes with mods that obviously have fun to terrorize users. and especially if the the topics in such a forum are lame, boring or plain awkward, the best option is to stay away.
thanks goodness there are better forums. no one need the BEA (unless one goes or naturals and loves boredom).

double

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1617
  • -Receive: 505
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 09:33:29 pm »
GonZo = self-important, self-righteous, douchebag.  Would cherish the opportunity to meet him IRL and spit down on his ugly face.

huntelaar

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2012, 12:18:44 am »
They are intimidated by litigation because they don't know anything about law I think. I've been around the net a bit and it's interesting that BEArchive is absolutely shitstained terrified of being sued even though nobody else that runs a forum really seems to be. I've been on popular band message boards where they leak the upcoming album and it's not like the artists or the labels don't know about the site in the first place (often the band members will namecheck the site in question as being a shithole) so I just figure, if the band can't sue the website for a user leaking the album what the fuck is BEArchive doing

huntelaar

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2012, 12:28:22 am »
although i'm forgetting they inexplicably have a pay site as well so that may be a reason to be cautious, but considering how most of their content is photoshopped manupulations of copyrighted images it's fairly ironic

and the moderators are assclowns, either way.

Indy

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1291
  • -Receive: 11322
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 10:14:14 am »
They don't know the law, I've read a fair bit about the international copyright law, so I challenged them about it.
They don't even want to listen, they just ignore you and tell you to stick to their rules.
Sticking to their rules still allows you to post illegal stuff and things they don't want, and you'd still get banned.
It's impossible to know what's good and what's bad out there.

As for their litigation concern... they do have some points. We solve them differently, but they do have some valid concerns:
- If you try to set up something together with other companies, it's very hard if your site contains illegal material. (That's why we only host legal material, all illegal content is hosted elsewhere and not posted by us, but posted through the community).
- Google Page Rank is also a valid point of concern. Google ranks your page lower if your site refers to low ranking websites, like imagebam, imagevenue and so on. And since not too long ago, Google also ranks your page lower if they get illegal content complaints.
I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live.

punternet

• Thank You
  • -Given: 85
  • -Receive: 224
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 03:04:19 pm »
Like BigMac (a man with whom I've shared a hot tub lol), I have been a long time BEA member, but seldom post there any more. Whilst I do sympathise with those who have been banned without explanation, I mainly frequent TPB for the simple reason that it's about fake tits. Similarly, I used to buy Score magazine but that became all about naturals (and went hardcore too, which I didn't appreciate), so I stopped.

I don't really understand the unbridled hatred and name-calling that people have directed towards the BEA. In the end, living well is the best revenge. Vote with your feet. If the BEA is really that bad, it will wither and die from lack of users.

I am so glad that TPB exists as a positive forum for fake boob lovers. Long may it go from strength to strength.

huntelaar

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 06:13:56 pm »
i like this site a lot too, but i do get tired of users telling everyone they think so and so is ugly or unsatisfactory, and then someone takes it personal and starts a war, but c'est la vie

or when the same guy(s) are like "omgzz y no noodz 4 jordan???" over and over again, i mean i would ban them for that but i'm kind of a jerk *doffs hat*

elic

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1152
  • -Receive: 1458
  • http://loverofhugefaketits.tumblr.com/
    • Lover of Huge Fake Tits
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 07:39:18 pm »
Thank you, OP.  This thread is the funniest shit I've read in a minute.  So happy there are like-minded people here.  For years, I've had my posts questioned, criticized, needlessly modified, and/or deleted.  I too, have been banned (under a different handle), I too have locked horns with Palomine.  I feel everyone's pain and I'm happy we can vent it here.  My God, even their "regulars" parade around with that same smug, shit-eating attitude, not even paying attention to the original post, just leaving a shitty remark and bailing as more cronies jump on the bandwagon of making you feel like a fucking idiot.  I can breathe now.

Indy

• Administrator
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2012, 01:50:18 am »
@Elic: the problem there is: everyone who actually has a critical opinion will get stomped on. I've seen it quite often. A few times I stepped in and defend the critical response and got banned in return. There's no way someone can defend you.

I do have to say, as an admin here, I also see certain discussions going on that may be very critical or ethically wrong, and I'd want to moderate it, but if no-one gets insulted and our rules are obeyed (no spamming, keeping on-topic, that sort of things) then we will keep the discussion going.

Freedom of speech is one of the greatest goods one can have and it should be defended and fought for.

bbf3

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2012, 08:24:01 am »
Freedom of speech is one of the greatest goods one can have and it should be defended and fought for.

yes, YES!!!
needless 2 say more

Indy

• Administrator
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 01:29:53 am »
The drama continues!

As you may well know, our starmember Jojjo agreed to have her pictures only here in the exclusive member section. She's a private person and does no longer want to have her pictures spread around on the internet. The last few hours I spent some time helping her to send takedown notices to other picture hosts to have her content removed.

The BEA also has a few pictures of her on there, so I already made a post there, asking people to no longer post her pictures on there because this is her wish and a proper takedown notice will be sent to the site owner.
My post immediately got removed by Palo, and he sent me the reason by mail. Let me sum it all up:

First of all, he claimed that her pictures are all professional.
Quote from: palomine
she is clearly a professional model who's worked for a number of adult content providers including Score.
She NEVER worked with score, he's making assumptions again.

Still, he has a valid point: the pictures were made professionally, which means that the photographer has copyrights to those pictures as well. It's a shared right in that case.
However, Palomine said that only the photographer has the rights to the picture, not herself, which is not true. The person in the picture will always keep portrait rights.
It doesn't matter in this case, because the photographer is with her and would have wanted those pictures to be removed anyway.

But here comes the fun part, let me quote him:
Quote from: palomine
Furthermore, the BEA Owner takes a very dim view of users who, though possibly well intentioned, bring unwanted legal attention of ANY kind to this website. Your post was removed because it veers into the area of speculating on the legal ramifications...  And should it come to our attention that you are responsible for creating legal trouble for the Owner, there will be unavoidable consequences for all involved.
So they don't want to bring unwanted legal attention of ANY kind? Sorry, but you shouldn't have started such a website in the first place. And here's the deal, I was sending them a friendly request, if they'd take it as they should, there would not even be any unwanted attention. Now we have to go all the way through to send a takedown notice... That's the opposite effect!
And the post was removed because it veers to speculation? To Veer + speculation... that's not any evidence that it would at all!
Those guys are just really pissing their pants if for some reason the BEA may get some legal attention... Seriously, we get that all the time.
Maybe because they actually allow people to post illegal pictures. While on our forum, only legal pictures are allowed to be posted...

But wait, there's more!

As a footnote, he posted this:
Quote from: Palomine
Please do NOT make posts about the Rules, or do ANYTHING to attract attention to our community, OR make sweeping (and seemingly ill-informed) statements about the ownership of ANY content...
Really? I can't say anything about the rules? Or do anything to attract attention to the commuinity? Sounds an awful lot like the east German Stasi.
Seriously, if someone here challenges our rules, I'd be happy to defend them in public, they'd rather remove it hide it.

After that, Jojjo, Boobring and me met in the BEA chat to see if Palo was there to help us, we didn't get much out of him, he basically ignored me because I have a reputation to stir up things.

After that, I got another message which was actually a threat:
I don't mean to sound like a heavy, but you've got a pretty long history of problematic posts already and we're only permitted a certain amount of leeway before having to act.
Ofcourse I have a pretty long history, and to be honest, I love stirring things up out there, but that doesn't mean that they should immediately ignore whatever I say, because in this case I was right....

And well, another threat to ban me, yay! All because I wanted to help someone out.

...... I hate that place .....

FroFire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 112
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 01:57:01 am »
Indy, the solution is simple.  The BEA has a list of models who should not be posted.  Instead of going on about this, just have her send a note to Palo and others that she doesn't want to be posted on the BEA, just like Subgirlie, Danielle Houghton, etc.

I am not trying to be a jerk but the drama is only continuing because you're trying to continue it here.  The solution is just adding her to the BEA's Do Not Post list.  No legal threats, none of that.  It's a very simple solution.  But the hitch is. SHE has to do it.  Not you.  Because the BEA doesn't know who YOU are, and as you said, you have a rep for stirring shit up.

Indy

• Administrator
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 02:21:37 am »
You're right, and she did, so it's all resolved now.
Still I don't like their attitude towards their members this way, even though I can be annoying :D

Tags: