Author Topic: Turning off Tumblr "Safe" mode  (Read 3358 times)

Bo-ama

• Explicit-Users
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 157
  • -Receive: 397
Turning off Tumblr "Safe" mode
« on: August 02, 2017, 06:00:21 pm »
Hi all... I had a question about Tumblr.  As should be obvious by now, Tumblr recently changed its policies and behavior so that explicit content can be flagged/tagged, so that under-age or objecting users can exclude that content from their viewing. That is fine by me... except that I m NOT a Tumblr user and yet I am still prevented from seeing material/blogs that are so tagged.

For various reasons, I have not created, and still do not wish to create, a Tumblr account. (Security and the potential for account information theft/abuse/spamming are the principal reasons.) I am trying to find out how to TURN OFF "SAFE" MODE without creating a Tumblr account, for I am currently being blocked from accessing content that I do not have any objections to.

This seems like unjust censorship to a responsible adult like myself. I would like to know if there is a way to deactivate Safe mode without becoming a Tumblr account holder. I have searched the Internet but all explanations seem to require Tumblr membership.  I am willing to "hack" if necessary (eg., cookies). Does anyone know how I might do this or have links to sites which explain how to do it?

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Sanity is the most widely accepted form of madness; consciousness the most widely shared dream.
(Avatar: SaRenna Lee, perfection's ambassadress)

Arie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1813
  • -Receive: 1722
Re: Turning off Tumblr "Safe" mode
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 06:08:49 pm »
Tumblr has turned to a piece of shit. I am a user (have the account that is, don't actually keep a blog) and anything adult is unsearchable. It used to be that you had to turn off safe search, now you just have to find your way through accounts you already happen to follow and hope that what they reblog might lead you to interesting new Tumblrs to follow.

so lets say you're talking to a girl online about how you like fake tits, you could send one of the pics you might have, but that might scare her away. "Oh, I know, I'll look up a sexy gif of Danielle Derek walking or dancing or sonething" *searches for Danielle Derek* WTF? All I get is pics and GIFs dreamy teen boys named either Daniel or Derek... "Did I mistype ir something? This used to work fine!" I didn't... "Let's Try Blondie then" *searches for Blondie Bennett* No results... FUCK! I know for a fact there are thousands of posts dedicated to both these women, but because they are posted by adult themed blogs (users are asked wether their Tumblrs are adult themed), I can't search them! Even though I have stated I'm an adult, I have opted in for adult content and exclusively follow adult themed Tumblrs... smh

Tumblr was special because political blogs, cute girly stuff, movie fans, sexy blogs and even the weirdest fetishes managed to work side by side without there ever being any issues. People were open and tolerant to each other and felt free to open their minds to other communities, sometimes finding a new place to stick around. It wasn't unusual to see a girl with the cute girly account also posting some dom/sub stuff because it turned out she kinda liked that after bumping into a fetish blog. Very rarely did that create backlash, no where near as much as on Twitter. But I guess Tumblr couldn't wait to be just like all the other platforms and killed what made them unique...
General laws of fake boobage:
1) Fake boobs should not bring unnecessary health risks
2) Fake boobs should look as beautiful as possible, unless this breaks rule 1
3) Fake boobs should be as big as possible, unless this breaks rules 1 and 2

Bo-ama

• Explicit-Users
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 157
  • -Receive: 397
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 07:00:13 pm »
Arie... yes it's frustrating, but my problem is not with Tumblr search results but with being blocked ALTOGETHER from content accessed via external links... for example, Google or Bing or any search engine's results... or even links within TPB posts. Sometimes I can cut/paste the embedded URL into a new window and get past the block, but rarely.

I did read some nerd  blogs which indicate Tumblr search results can be "liberated" by changing a setting given at the bottom of the search drop-down, but as I'm not a Tumblr user, I can't verify that.

The block seems inherently arbitrary and inconsistent in any case, since for it to work 1) the poster/blogger has to indicate that the content is "adult", and 2) the user has to have provided a birthdate in their settings which identify them as "underage". So unless everyone is being honest, the block is simply a token appeasement stop-gap to make parents feel better. Worse yet, to non-users like myself, it is just blatant censorship and extortion since I can not unblock the content without signing up.
Sanity is the most widely accepted form of madness; consciousness the most widely shared dream.
(Avatar: SaRenna Lee, perfection's ambassadress)

Robbieluvzbb

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • watch hd sex videos
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 06:05:19 am »
Tumblr's been a shit website since about 2 or 3 years ago. It had it's hype for a while, but now it's just full of teen angst and SJW shit.

BooBie Vision

• Thank You
  • -Given: 195
  • -Receive: 1198
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 02:26:07 am »
Yea, I have a bunch of bookmarkes tumblr sites that are useless now.

All I see is:

This Tumblr may contain
sensitive media.
Safe mode is on

No easy workarounds for those with no tumblr account?

Tags: