Author Topic: Surgeons and implant information  (Read 7316 times)

Axelredan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 43
  • -Receive: 7
Re: Surgeons and implant information
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2024, 03:22:53 pm »

FL:
Dr Mario Samaha - fantastic 700CCs spotted, looks like he practices with his brother?

Mn:
Dr Nathan Leigh - spectacular 1050/1200CC set on realself

Thailand:
Dr. BOONCHAI - 700CC on small frame, be careful going to economically depressed areas for cosmetic procedures...

What do you mean by economically depressed areas? Cuz I'm thinking to go to Phoprawin clinic which is a bit outside the city (but they seem to be motiva certified on the website).

Also what do you reckon the difference is between Mentor Xtra gel vs Motiva's Ergonomix or Ergonomix 2 (JOY)?
Straight outta the gong

dirtyduck

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 44
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2024, 02:00:12 pm »
What do you mean by economically depressed areas? Cuz I'm thinking to go to Phoprawin clinic which is a bit outside the city (but they seem to be motiva certified on the website).

I would prioritize first world countries such as the US, UK, Sweden, Finland, France Belgum, Austrailia, Germany, Japan, Canada, and South Korea for procedures. I would be cautious about Thailand, Turkey, China, Brazil, Mexico, former Soviet Bloc countries, South American countries etc. The reason I say this is that the healthcare systems and standards of care for the more developed countries is much higher than the 2nd and 3rd world countries. I've ancedotally noticed that the Thai surgeons seem to almost exclusively do over the muscle or subglandular implants that are easier to heal from but don't hold their shape well over time. I'm quite certain its because the market of locals and medical tourist patients are less educated and don't understand what they're getting. If you live in one of the countries I'm saying to avoid I understand but I think the safest thing is still to travel. Ultimately you're talking about a procedure that if it goes badly can kill yourself or someone you care for.

If those options are off the table financially I understand and the dynamic is a little different if you live in say Thailand and you have dozens of examples of individuals you've met that went to doctor X and they all have positive outcomes and you have a depth of knowledge of how the country's laws, rules, and regulations protect the patient. If you live in the US and all you are just looking at an add for some rando clinic in Thailand, google it and find some reviews that may or may not be real that may be a unsafe way to pick a surgeon. You may also not know before you travel what kind of facility and certifications it will hold, what level of training and education the anesthesiologist has, or if they even have one or the DR does the procedure and controls the meds (dangerous) etc....

This is ultimately a decision you have to make and live with.

Also what do you reckon the difference is between Mentor Xtra gel vs Motiva's Ergonomix or Ergonomix 2 (JOY)?

Menntor Xtra Gel is a silicone implant filled with fairly "old school" cohesive silicone, it's very soft. The difference from a normal Mentor implant is that instead of filling the shell 85% so it's loose and floppy, they fill it to 95% full so it's more like an inflated balloon. Mentor shells have always been thicker and they're now using the tension of the filled shell to make it keep it's shape more. The result is supposed to be a soft implant that holds its shape better than the older style of implants. It's also a smooth shell.

I'm in the US and I've done far less research on Motiva as it's not available to me. From what I can tell Ergonomix has a firmer shell and a medium/high fill while Ergonomix2 has a softer shell and seems to have a similar fill to the gen 1 implants. The base is wider on Ergonomix2 and some higher fills are offered in certain versions of the implant. The gels are from firm to soft: Progressive, Progrssive Plus, Progressive Ultra. I can't tell if one version has one of the gels vs the other or if that's an option for both lines. I've heard anecdotally that the Ergonomix implants can be more firm. Just like with Mentor there is a lot of fluff advertising and it would take some sleuthing to figure out the exact difference between these implants. It looks like both of these implants are intended to have a more natural look and depend on a lot of tissue support if you're trying to get a more "augmented" look. The Xtra implants are designed to maintain softness but give a more projected and busty result while staying soft. Hopefully someone from outside the US has better info to help you.

That said, I really appreciate that Motiva has the "Course" which both goes to a full 1050cc size and has more roundness (more volume into a narrower base and lower projection) than even a Mentor UHP or Natrelle Style 45, the other high projection implants. Pretty much any model that has 1050cc implants has these Motivas, it's not hard to find them with google and they universally look fantastic.

Axelredan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 43
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2024, 06:21:43 pm »
That said, I really appreciate that Motiva has the "Course" which both goes to a full 1050cc size and has more roundness (more volume into a narrower base and lower projection) than even a Mentor UHP or Natrelle Style 45, the other high projection implants. Pretty much any model that has 1050cc implants has these Motivas, it's not hard to find them with google and they universally look fantastic.
Could you perhaps list some of those models that you assume that have these implants off the top of your head? Kinda curious on the look
Straight outta the gong

Tags: