Author Topic: New -button directs to old content on "Mary Madison : "Hello world"" -Thread  (Read 4194 times)

Keltohey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 932
  • -Receive: 165
Hi,

This issue has been around a long time: In Star Members section ->  Mary Madison : "Hello world" -threads New button always directs me to the same old page.
There is now 130 pages in that thread and New button takes me to page 126 or 127.

This is the only page where this is happening. I have cleaned cache, cookies and even created new Mozilla Firefox profile and this problem still exists.
If I remember correctly, I have even tried with Chrome with same results.

Am I the only one with this problem, or is there some glitch in that button?

Keltohey

• Thank You
Now when I clicked new button, it took me to page https://theperfectboobs.net/index.php?topic=27984.msg429814#new

bender1313

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5860
  • -Receive: 3280
Hi,

This issue has been around a long time: In Star Members section ->  Mary Madison : "Hello world" -threads New button always directs me to the same old page.
There is now 130 pages in that thread and New button takes me to page 126 or 127.

This is the only page where this is happening. I have cleaned cache, cookies and even created new Mozilla Firefox profile and this problem still exists.
If I remember correctly, I have even tried with Chrome with same results.

Am I the only one with this problem, or is there some glitch in that button?

I'm having the same problem

bman75

• Thank You
  • -Given: 526
  • -Receive: 379
same here

Maya

• The Gigamazon Princess
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 373
  • -Receive: 69
So this isn't only me...via email notification for me

poot222

• Substantial Member
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 223
  • -Receive: 315
Something in the DB is awry. Back when the MM thread crashed, I think it lost some sort of counter and all posts after page 127 just direct to page 127. Since the thread works, this is a lower priority fix. Damn annoying, just the same.

Indy

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1291
  • -Receive: 11322
seems like 127 is a programming issue. On large threads with more than 127 pages, it seems to have hit the maximum. 127 is the maximum of a so-called 'signed' 8 bit value (range from -127 to +127, including -0 and +0 makes a total of 256 distinct numbers, thus 8 bit). In this case, the developer of the forum software thought that 8 bits would be enough as threads would not likely go past 100 pages.

The problem here is that none of us wrote the forum software, and this problem runs through the core of the software. Finding a solution to this is not just finding a needle in a haystack, but finding all needles in the haystack, not knowing how many needles there are.
I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live.

Keltohey

• Thank You
I would then suggest that you lock the current thread, open a new one and post a new message on new thread with a link to old one. That way discussion can continue on new and older stuff can be found in locked thread.

Tags: