Please join us in our Chat by CLICKING HERE or get an app:

Author Topic: File Analyser for videos  (Read 380 times)

soulexplosion

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
File Analyser for videos
« on: July 01, 2021, 06:52:42 pm »
Hi there

I've downloaded a lot of videos using torrents - however the torrent files has gone and I'm left with all the files (mainly *.mp4). However some clearly didn't download fully and so cannot be opened. However some open fine - but you cannot tell the difference as the file size is similar size whether it's corrupt or not.

At present I have to click on every file and see if it works or not. Is there any software that can analyse 1000s of videos and tell you "these ones work, these ones don't"?
Then I can keep those that work and delete those that don't.
Thanks

TheFan

• Donor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 537
  • -Receive: 1234
Re: File Analyser for videos
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 12:06:40 am »
I'm really surprised that no one has come up with a simple solution to your issue. It's all in the preview. A file that's corrupt can't show you a preview according to your folder/file settings. A normal file (one that's not corrupt), can show you a preview according to your folder/file settings.

But first reply to this thread and I'll elaborate on this setting, c'se when it's not about babes/boobs most of you guys are absent. And I'm not gonna waste my time on explaining things to a wall, and you haven't been here since July 2nd it seems, and 7 posts in over 6 years, that's not much.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 11:24:25 am by TheFan »
Links usually stay for ~ 1 month only

soulexplosion

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: File Analyser for videos
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 01:29:58 pm »
I have been checking every now and then!

Changing viewing the file to "extra-large icons" seems like a way but are there others?

Thanks

Tags: