Author Topic: Does anyone know what the maximum base volume for FDA approved Expanders is?  (Read 2204 times)

KrissyKrave

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 43
I'm being told by a few well known XXL surgeons, I was told offered 2500cc expander bags, that they put in an 800cc expander because that's the max size that is FDA approved and then they fill it to whatever size the patient wanted. Just wondering if anyone has any more information/sources on this. Do 2500cc breast expanders not actually exist in the states and its all just misleading marketing?

Indy

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1291
  • -Receive: 11322
800cc is indeed the maximum rated volume that I heard of.
It basically means that, at that volume, they're fully filled with no overfill or underfill.
Regular saline implants are safe to overfill by about 20%, which explains why lots of girls have 960cc.
Expanders can be overfilled to about 500% of their size, so they can reach 4000cc, but their starting, rated volume is 800cc.

So, in the us, the maximum 'rated' size is 800cc, but they can be overfilled to 2500cc.

The problem with that is: Expanders aren't exactly known to be very safe. They're not meant for permanent use. Their primary use is to expand tissue (hence they're called tissue expanders). Designed to grow skin for burn victims or breast cancer survivors. So: stretch the skin and remove the implant, and possibly use the skin elsewhere, or replace with a more permanent implant.
This permanent implant will have the problem that it has to be a regular saline implant, which cannot go over 960cc. If you stretch the skin too far, and then having small implants will look all weird. So you need to keep the unsafe expanders in. Which will likely become a problem.

Outside the US, it's a different story, there are larger expanders available, but difficult to track down. But there's also larger regular implants available that you can use to replace the expander with. You just can't get them in the USA.
I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live.

KrissyKrave

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 43
So I just got off the phone with PMT Corporation. They're a US based specialty medical implant company. They make 150 different size and shape expanders. That said, they also work with surgeons on a case by case basis and will custom make expanders up to 2500ccs. I'm trying to hook them up with my surgeon, Dr Bandy. Atm she's using 800cc expander bags and for my purposes thats dangerous. I want to fill to 4000ccs but with an 800cc bag the chances of spontaneous rupture are too high for me. If I can get her to use 2500cc custom expander bags then I'll let everyone here know so that we can add a new surgeon to the list for XXL Expanders.

The_Big_Guava

• Thank You
  • -Given: 89
  • -Receive: 94
Dr. Stokes in Fort Lauderdale places either 2000cc or 2500cc base rate expanders.  A few 'known' artists have them including Arlen Afrodita who had hers filled to more than double that amount.

Careful with PMT - I've heard that some of their expanders look bizarre - almost triangular at the top. Not the round balloon-boob look that everyone here loves.

poot222

• Substantial Member
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 223
  • -Receive: 315
Expanders are a special item, and are not limited to 800 cc like normal implants. They are "prescribed" by the doctor making the implant. Usually it is to replace an existing implant or as restoration from physical damage (ex: excising tissue due to cancer or a traumatic injury). The doctor is, of course, aware that they will be expanded beyond the manufacturers limit, but the expectation is they only last 18 months anyhow.

Roma1978

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 13
What are the most used expanders by the famous docs in EU and US?

Dr. Jose Diaz Infante offered us the CPX4 modelo 8300, ot the Becker, for +€2000.
Is the CPX4 form good? And the filling on top, is that okay you think?

Thx

Roma1978

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 13
Mentor CPX4 = 1000cc base volume. Not sure if they are FDA approved.
They can last for many years. See many reviews and docs stating it on realself.com

Tags: