Author Topic: What kind of music do you listen to?  (Read 10564 times)

dajkam

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 161
  • -Receive: 244
What kind of music do you listen to?
« on: January 07, 2020, 04:56:59 am »

I listen to Rock 'n' Roll
And
Metal

My favorite band is Motörhead.
Very recently i have got interested in very old school Rock 'n' Roll likr Jerry Lee Lewis.
And what about You guys?

ecchibarbie

• X
  • Star Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 141
    • X
Re: What kind of music do you listen to?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 09:44:48 pm »
My favourite type of music is post punk. Also punk and hip hop! 💕

dajkam

• Administrator
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 01:30:29 am »
How do you connect listening to these 2 ?  they seem pretty unrelated to me.

Indy

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1291
  • -Receive: 11322
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 01:46:11 am »
Me:
- 80s/90s Rock most of the time
- some 90s EuroDance
- some happy hardcore (but I understand that's a Dutch thing)

The song that got some renewed love from me is Wind of Change by the Scorpions. Played it really loud with the windows open so everyone in the street could hear.
Why renewed? It's because of what my girlfriend told me. She's from Germany, and as a child, it was still east Germany. In 1989 the wall went down and Germany was reunited. Not long after, this song came out, and for her, it gave the feeling that the world is now open and free. Knowing that when listening to the song... yeah, gives me goosebumps.
I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live.

dajkam

• Administrator
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 01:59:24 am »
I love the scorpions too. I have even seen them live 2 times. Im a very big fan of live music, gigs are one of my main activity in my spare time. If Scorpions come in your area go  see them. They are for sure worth the money. Despite their age its still the world stage level kind of performance.

BoobFlex2016

• Thank You
  • -Given: 315
  • -Receive: 690
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 03:18:25 am »
my playlist is freaky....I mean everything... 80s hair, 90s grunge, R&B, early & current rock/pop... Just about everything but death metal and hard core rap. I go from iggy pop to Crue to Chuck Berry, Bush, Blondie, Stones, Mumford (great cover of AC/DC "long way to the top if you want to rock & roll" one of my all time favs)  to - wait for it -  Ricky Martin.  Its really bizarre. 

I love Shazam so every time I hear a song at a game or even just at a mall that sounds good it gets added to the playlist.
Fan of muscle control and Big flexing boobies. Willing and able to fund pec muscle control talent.  Always looking for new fake boobie flexers

dajkam

• Administrator
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 04:26:22 am »
my playlist is freaky....I mean everything... 80s hair, 90s grunge, R&B, early & current rock/pop... Just about everything but death metal and hard core rap. I go from iggy pop to Crue to Chuck Berry, Bush, Blondie, Stones, Mumford (great cover of AC/DC "long way to the top if you want to rock & roll" one of my all time favs)  to - wait for it -  Ricky Martin.  Its really bizarre. 

I love Shazam so every time I hear a song at a game or even just at a mall that sounds good it gets added to the playlist.
I dont do playlists i tend to listen to music by whole albums.

BoobFlex2016

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 05:20:38 am »

Wow... rarely can I do that now... A) time B) quality -- I mean rarely does a band put on 10-12 good ones on an album C) format... I don't even know what an album is these days given how I get my music.  But back in the day - yeah - I loved to just put on Dark Side or Hot Rocks or Dr. Feelgood and just let it go....

So the musical question of the day is does it make sense to spend $250 to see 4 bands I like when all are 3 decades past their prime and I saw them already at their peak?  Crue, Joan Jett, Poison, & Def Leppard....?
Fan of muscle control and Big flexing boobies. Willing and able to fund pec muscle control talent.  Always looking for new fake boobie flexers

ecchibarbie

• X
  • Star Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 141
    • X
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 10:50:59 am »
How do you connect listening to these 2 ?  they seem pretty unrelated to me.

I think they’re very much the same if you consider punk as a movement. They’re political and outspoken... music with something to say more than just love songs etc. Don’t get me wrong I like love songs too those are just my two favourite genres. I listen to pop, metal etc too! x

dajkam

• Administrator
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 08:54:22 pm »

Wow... rarely can I do that now... A) time B) quality -- I mean rarely does a band put on 10-12 good ones on an album C) format... I don't even know what an album is these days given how I get my music.  But back in the day - yeah - I loved to just put on Dark Side or Hot Rocks or Dr. Feelgood and just let it go....

So the musical question of the day is does it make sense to spend $250 to see 4 bands I like when all are 3 decades past their prime and I saw them already at their peak?  Crue, Joan Jett, Poison, & Def Leppard....?
4 bands which u gave as an example would not cost 250$ to see live. At least in europe. I have paid 65 euro to see def leppard in 2018 in decenber. 250$ would be for a full blown 3-4 days festival with 150 bands in total and with somethig like def leppard, iron maiden guns and roses judas priest and more as main stars

BoobFlex2016

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2020, 01:07:52 am »
That’s the cost for good seats... it’s just one last chance to make a killing.

dajkam

• Administrator
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2020, 02:18:58 am »
That’s the cost of good seats... it’s just one last chance to make a killing.
Is it so expensive in the US? Only single concert tickets in the EU for 250$ would be like super VIP tickets, or medium seats for artists like The Roling Stones, Paul McCartney or I remember super-exclusive Bon Jovi Ticket Diamond Circle(inside the stage being for that price). Normally tickets prices are between 50-150 euro for an international stadion star.

BoobFlex2016

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2020, 05:51:20 am »
That’s the cost of good seats... it’s just one last chance to make a killing.
Is it so expensive in the US? Only single concert tickets in the EU for 250$ would be like super VIP tickets, or medium seats for artists like The Roling Stones, Paul McCartney or I remember super-exclusive Bon Jovi Ticket Diamond Circle(inside the stage being for that price). Normally tickets prices are between 50-150 euro for an international stadion star.

No, most concerts are priced as you described. it’s more because it’s 4 popular bands from the 80s on a “farewell” tour kind of thing. The assumption is you will never get to see these bands again. The other assumption is their fan base is of an age that $250 isn’t “break the bank” kind of money.  I’m tempted but I saw them all in their peak and I just don’t think they can still do it. Stones used to put on a great show BTW

dajkam

• Administrator
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2020, 06:08:53 am »
I have heard about this tour pitty they do the USA only. I hope they will come to the EU next year, but I would never pay 250$ just to see them(at least it would be a few day festival with a lot of bands included).
Farewell tours are a scam most of the time. Ozzy first farewell tour "No more tours" from 1993 -> he is still here. Scorpions farewell tour from 2012 -> they are still here.
From my experience farewell tours often mean just a longer break from touring.

BoobFlex2016

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2020, 01:06:59 am »
I have heard about this tour pitty they do the USA only. I hope they will come to the EU next year, but I would never pay 250$ just to see them(at least it would be a few day festival with a lot of bands included).
Farewell tours are a scam most of the time. Ozzy first farewell tour "No more tours" from 1993 -> he is still here. Scorpions farewell tour from 2012 -> they are still here.
From my experience farewell tours often mean just a longer break from touring.

I’m sure you can see this concert for less but the venue and seats I wanted were $250. Some were more some less.  I saw Ozzys farewell and it was Ok. It’s kind of fun to see some bands past their prime just to say you were there.   I can afford it I just don’t know if they can still perform.

Tags: