Author Topic: 888's furious ranting room  (Read 65662 times)

Inconspicuous

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1589
  • -Receive: 677
Re: 888's furious ranting room
« Reply #180 on: August 13, 2020, 03:18:12 pm »
As of today in the US:

Only 3% of ER visits for COVID symptoms.
Only 1.9% of active cases are hospitalized.
Only .014% of Americans are hospitalized with COVID.
Only 0.7% of Americans are currently a positive case.
The median age of death is 78, which is the average life expectancy in the U.S.
We have conducted 41 million more tests than the next closest free country.

KwukDuck

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6003
  • -Receive: 7231
« Reply #181 on: August 17, 2020, 02:11:31 pm »
Interesting, i've not bothered with this for some weeks, and 888 still doesn't understand the point of lockdowns.

TickleTheo

• Explicit-Users
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 230
  • -Receive: 507
« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2020, 06:11:15 pm »
As of today in the US:

Yes. Just because COVID exists. People still get heart attacks/accidents/get injuried.

0.7% of the entire American population is a huge number of positive cases. If we hit 2.5% of total population, you can expect ER's to break down from the lack of resources/staff.

Which just says that if you are older, you are just more likely to die. Young patients still occur and there can be serious complications even if you survive. Basically, you're asking others to gamble their lives for the chance they arn't the unlucky ones that will die/suffer lifelong damage.

Of which has been mostly useless in halting the spread since results from testing is so slow, that by time you get the results. If you are positive, you're likely to have infected others. We've had to test more because we've had greater and more outbreaks then any other "Free" country.

=============

COVID should be treated as a marathon, we shouldn't be sprinting the entire time or we'll just drop dead before the finish line. That finish line being getting an effective vaccine and getting the enough doses out effectively to the population.

Mitigation and prevention will vastly help, but only if everyone does their part in it. Unfortunately, "Unity" seems to be the last thing the United States seems to be good at lately.

phlalawyer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 54
  • -Receive: 2151
« Reply #183 on: August 17, 2020, 07:55:03 pm »
As of today in the US:

I am assuming you do not know anyone who has died from it or has been hospitalized from it. I know both. I suspect your attitude would change quickly if you talked to a survivor or the friend or relative of someone who died. Which part of the US do you live in?

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1839
  • -Receive: 609
« Reply #184 on: August 17, 2020, 11:03:46 pm »
Interesting, i've not bothered with this for some weeks, and 888 still doesn't understand the point of lockdowns.
LOL...big talk from a guy whose only, proven credential is a co-moderator for a chat forum that seems predominantly populated by misogynistic freaks.

Let's see if you can fathom these numbers.

Sweden's COVID-19 death's per million is 567.8 (with no lockdowns).
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/
Multiply that by America's population of 330 million and you get 187,374 deaths if America did not lockdown at ALL (like Sweden).
America has already had 173,716 COVID-19 deaths and she did lockdown.
So - AT MOST - the lockdown's saved 13,342 COVID-19 deaths.

And we already know that the lockdowns KILLED more than the total number that have died.
https://www.redstate.com/michael_thau/2020/07/27/head-of-cdc-lockdown-suicides-drug-ods-killing-way-more-americans-than-covid/

So that means that the lockdown's killed over 160,000 more people than if there had been no lockdowns. And that does not even include all the tens of thousands of deaths that will occur because millions of people could not get operations and cancer treatments during the lockdowns.
Plus - America is now in an economic depression.

Are you saying the lockdown's were beneficial for America vs. no lockdowns...YES OR NO?

No blather or excuses, please...just 'yes' or 'no'.

PS - Sweden's ICU's did not overflow due to no lockdowns...so you can throw that tired excuse out for your staggering levels of arrogance and ignorance on this subject.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 07:18:48 pm by 888 »

pc84

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 51
« Reply #185 on: August 18, 2020, 02:27:45 am »
In other news only 521 Americans died due to Covid yesterday. So that's progress right? Hopefully that trend continues.

Granted that was after 5 straights days of averaging 1,200 deaths per day, but let's hope we're moving in the right direction.

And of course the side note that schools are opening and thousands of kids are now in quarantine and schools are shutting back down because of infections. Almost 10% of all cases in the US right now are kids. Yikes.

Be a real shame to see kids grow up the rest of their lives with long term health problems and respiratory issues because of some dumb community members who think its "just the flu."

Good to see the White House is dealing with this appropriately and isn't distracted by shower-head regulations, Tik-tok, and trying to fight the Post Office.

*Sigh*

Oh hey, total deaths yesterday in:
Spain - 13
UK - 5
Italy - 4
France - 1
Greece - 3
Japan - 3

tybalt50

• Thank You
  • -Given: 114
  • -Receive: 407
« Reply #186 on: August 18, 2020, 02:55:14 am »
In other news only 521 Americans died due to Covid yesterday. So that's progress right? Hopefully that trend continues.

Granted that was after 5 straights days of averaging 1,200 deaths per day, but let's hope we're moving in the right direction.

And of course the side note that schools are opening and thousands of kids are now in quarantine and schools are shutting back down because of infections. Almost 10% of all cases in the US right now are kids. Yikes.

Be a real shame to see kids grow up the rest of their lives with long term health problems and respiratory issues because of some dumb community members who think its "just the flu."

Good to see the White House is dealing with this appropriately and isn't distracted by shower-head regulations, Tik-tok, and trying to fight the Post Office.

*Sigh*

Oh hey, total deaths yesterday in:
Spain - 13
UK - 5
Italy - 4
France - 1
Greece - 3
Japan - 3

I'm always amused by trump and his supporters, insisting we break this down into smaller, more parochial statistics. "Well, if you look at percentage of deaths per case, we're clearly better than the rest of the world," and so on.

They remind me of an embittered, inept football coach at a press conference after losing yet another game. "Well, yes, the scoreboard shows we lost the game, but bear in mind, we had far more first downs than they did, and we gained almost 100 more yards running than they did; our receives gained many more yards after catches than theirs, and our quarterback had a MUCH higher QB rating. We had far fewer penalties, we didn't use all our times-out, we had far fewer penalties and our fans were much nicer than theirs. "

Yeah, that's real nice, but the scoreboard tells the whole tale, doesn't it?

More than 170,000 people dead in six months, and the numbers steadily rising, with all EXPERT predictions being that the inept, haphazard, half-assed fashion the US is opening schools is going to lead to yet another huge spike, headed into flu season.

Yep, the micro managed stats are paint a real pretty picture, but the reality of the REAL numbers are all that matters.

• Thank You
« Reply #187 on: August 19, 2020, 08:47:52 pm »

More than 170,000 people dead in six months, and the numbers steadily rising, with all EXPERT predictions being that the inept, haphazard, half-assed fashion the US is opening schools is going to lead to yet another huge spike, headed into flu season.

1) 'all EXPERT' - no offense, but what a ridiculous statement. You don't know who 'all' the 'experts' even are. So to say 'all of them' have said anything is totally unprovable.

2) you want an 'expert' opinion? Okay:
https://www.redstate.com/michael_thau/2020/07/27/head-of-cdc-lockdown-suicides-drug-ods-killing-way-more-americans-than-covid/

That means that the lockdown has CAUSED more deaths than the virus has in America.

Plus, if you use the Swedish death rate - there would only be about 13,000+ extra deaths in America then there are now (as I cited above).
That means that had America had no lockdowns, well over 150,000 more Americans would be alive now then with the lockdowns.
And that is ALL from 'experts'.

But - let me guess - you only choose to believe the 'experts' that support your narrative?

• Thank You
« Reply #188 on: August 19, 2020, 08:48:49 pm »

pc84

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 51
« Reply #189 on: August 20, 2020, 02:07:52 am »
Nope, death bounced back up.

U.S. deaths yesterday: 1,358
So far today: +1,200

Deaths yesterday in:

Canada - 13
UK - 12
Italy - 5
Germany 9
Sweden - 1
South Korea - 1

MidnightBoobies

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #190 on: August 20, 2020, 03:55:41 pm »
They just took my friends dad off the ventilator after two weeks. He's in this mid-70's and it started with a fever, then just went downhill till they got him into the hospital.

tybalt50

• Thank You
  • -Given: 114
  • -Receive: 407
« Reply #191 on: August 21, 2020, 02:30:18 am »

1) 'all EXPERT' - no offense, but what a ridiculous statement. You don't know who 'all' the 'experts' even are. So to say 'all of them' have said anything is totally unprovable.

2) you want an 'expert' opinion? Okay:

That means that the lockdown has CAUSED more deaths than the virus has in America.

Plus, if you use the Swedish death rate - there would only be about 13,000+ extra deaths in America then there are now (as I cited above).
That means that had America had no lockdowns, well over 150,000 more Americans would be alive now then with the lockdowns.
And that is ALL from 'experts'.

But - let me guess - you only choose to believe the 'experts' that support your narrative?

Excuse me for painting with a broad brush. MOST REPUTABLE experts are saying it's going to get worse as the second wave piles onto the first wave that never went away, along with flu season.

And as for your link, the author does some pretty fancy dancing to take Dr. Redfield completely out of context, and conclude when he says there are more suicides than COVID deaths, that means the lockdowns are to blame. If that were true, suicides would be easing as states open, and that's not happening. Psychology Today did a piece about COVID related suicides, and found the pandemic itself is feeding depression. For instance, the early March story in Italy about the young man with a nasty cough, who jumped out a hospital window while waiting for his test results.

As the evil orange Caligula has stated, "It is what it is." You can take as much nonsense out of context as you want, you can play with statistics all you want, you can claim 80% of localities are seeing improvement, but the numbers do NOT lie.  South Korea had ONE death yesterday, compared to 1358 in the US. Imagine if 1358 people died of ANYTHING in one day when Obama was president. Would you be rationalizing and dancing around the facts to defend him? When two Americans died of Ebola, right wing media went batshit. And it should also be said right wing media also ranted and raved about what a waste it was to deploy American troops to Africa to build field hospitals, and to send CDC and NIH people to isolate and track infections, thus saving the world from something that was MUCH deadlier than COVID.

CyBerLee

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 41
« Reply #192 on: August 21, 2020, 05:35:04 am »
Hopelessness is one of the main ingredient for suicide, and health care worker been vulnerable to this, working hours trying to save people while seeing people turning this wearing mask into a political war. I survive the covid infection back in the beginning of February, even tho I didn't have severe respiratory issues, I did take one to the digestive system. Aerobically I also took a hit, and I suspect heart damage like 80% of the covid survivor. They saw many patches of white spot in my upper intestine from blood clotting of the intestine, which makes eating unpleasant. Im taking medication for the intestine and eating smaller meals. Lost 15 pound immediately after getting it, and now weight is near stable. If we hadn't squander our lockdown time like most nation, we would have built back our economy, instead of dragging this out shutting down jobs and factory with no recovery in sight. I'm depress reading some of the comments here still turning this into a political front for Trump, while ignoring medical experts for testing and tracing and wearing mask.

Keish

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #193 on: August 21, 2020, 02:34:36 pm »
Even here in Italy COVID-19 is mainly a political issue. And a generational one as well. Myself, got infected in march and, even without extreme consequences,  now I have to cope with one of of the most common so-called "light injuries": loss of sense of smell and taste. It lightly recovered in weeks, but I know I will never have another nice meat dish (it tastes and smells like *hit now) and another great glass of wine either (now it simply seems a glass of water with some alcohol poured in... and I was a wine connoisseur). Not to mention two or three dozens of other pleasant smells (my wife skin, every perfume, flowers, fruit, just to mention a few), which I miss greatly. They are simply not present anymore in my perceptive range. Gone. Deleted. Its a neurological damage and i can count only on the so called "neuronal plasticity". And hope for the better.
Here we had a huge lockdown, but these last weeks people seem really tired with all the safety procedures. Italians are getting bored. Young people party, go dancing, forget any mask or wear it proudly... tied on their arms. Average age of the new cases is going down, and now its approaching 30 yo. All this just because people started to feel safe and were inclined to show they were "smarter" and bolder. After all this, every time I hear or read right wing people gambling with other people's lives, I just feel outraged. A new wave it is coming, noone seems really care, a lot of people will get hurt, simple procedures can avoid 90% of it and still there is someone shouting he is better and smarter and "knows better".
Come on, grow up.   

Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2171
  • -Receive: 712
  • Hello Girls!
    • Planetdom
« Reply #194 on: August 21, 2020, 03:28:29 pm »
Even here in Italy COVID-19 is mainly a political issue. And a generational one as well. Myself, got infected in march and, even without extreme consequences,  now I have to cope with one of of the most common so-called "light injuries": loss of sense of smell and taste. It lightly recovered in weeks, but I know I will never have another nice meat dish (it tastes and smells like *hit now) and another great glass of wine either (now it simply seems a glass of water with some alcohol poured in... and I was a wine connoisseur). Not to mention two or three dozens of other pleasant smells (my wife skin, every perfume, flowers, fruit, just to mention a few), which I miss greatly. They are simply not present anymore in my perceptive range. Gone. Deleted. Its a neurological damage and i can count only on the so called "neuronal plasticity". And hope for the better.
Here we had a huge lockdown, but these last weeks people seem really tired with all the safety procedures. Italians are getting bored. Young people party, go dancing, forget any mask or wear it proudly... tied on their arms. Average age of the new cases is going down, and now its approaching 30 yo. All this just because people started to feel safe and were inclined to show they were "smarter" and bolder. After all this, every time I hear or read right wing people gambling with other people's lives, I just feel outraged. A new wave it is coming, noone seems really care, a lot of people will get hurt, simple procedures can avoid 90% of it and still there is someone shouting he is better and smarter and "knows better".
Come on, grow up.   
Now that`s unlucky, I feel with you! I caught COVID-19 late March / early April, very mild symptoms and luckily no long term damage. I really feel sorry for you not being able tasting wine and fine food, fingers crossed for a full recovery!

Tags: