Author Topic: Great clip of inflating breasts  (Read 11230 times)

merciscool

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 114
  • -Receive: 2094
Re: Great clip of inflating breasts
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2016, 05:39:10 am »
Guys, guys... this is common practise to determin which size silicone implant, or which saline shell will be used. For instance women who ask for a look, and not so much a CC amount. It's way easier to give a sizer a few pumps, then filling and draining a saline implant. I know dr. Miami does breastlifts with air filled sizers, and when the lift is sitched up he takes out the aizer and the final implant goes in. I'm not a fan of his BAs, but yeah I've seen and heard this method before, so it is common.

I believe Dr. Pousti does this too. The incision used to create the pocket is open to air getting in when they insert the sizer and finally the implant, so it's not like the surgeon pumping air into the enclosed shell of the sizer is actually dangerous. I would assume this is fairly common-practice.

Danielle Derek

KwukDuck

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6003
  • -Receive: 7231
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 10:51:25 pm »
Guys, guys... this is common practise to determin which size silicone implant, or which saline shell will be used. For instance women who ask for a look, and not so much a CC amount. It's way easier to give a sizer a few pumps, then filling and draining a saline implant. I know dr. Miami does breastlifts with air filled sizers, and when the lift is sitched up he takes out the aizer and the final implant goes in. I'm not a fan of his BAs, but yeah I've seen and heard this method before, so it is common.

I believe Dr. Pousti does this too. The incision used to create the pocket is open to air getting in when they insert the sizer and finally the implant, so it's not like the surgeon pumping air into the enclosed shell of the sizer is actually dangerous. I would assume this is fairly common-practice.

It's not immediately dangerous of course but i would imagine you don't want to have residual air left in the implant and it seems to me it's almost impossible to get it all out once it's in there. I don't know how these implants come out of the box, if it already has residual air i would guess it's sterile from the manufacturer, you don't want to introduce non sterile air in there i guess... I know the saline contains substances that kill microbes but I've seen all too often images of 'infested' implants, rupture could be lethal in no-time.

Arie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1813
  • -Receive: 1722
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2016, 12:55:16 pm »
Saline implants always have some air in them, it would indeed be nearly impossible to have no air at all in the implant.

I don't think the implant that gets inflated is usually the permanent implant. It's just put in, pumped up, se how the pocket behaves and what amount of saline is needed for the correct look, perhaps decide on a different profile, and then switch to the permanent implants.
General laws of fake boobage:
1) Fake boobs should not bring unnecessary health risks
2) Fake boobs should look as beautiful as possible, unless this breaks rule 1
3) Fake boobs should be as big as possible, unless this breaks rules 1 and 2

MasterDragonfly

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 764
  • -Receive: 452
    • Larger Implants Info
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2016, 07:46:53 pm »
Saline implants can of course end up with some trapped air, no question about that. This can be in part due to air dissolved in solution, coming out of solution post-operatively. This can of course lead to the unfortunate 'sloshing' sound some women experience.

As far as the risk of saline contamination, one prophylactic approach is to add something like 10% Betadine to the saline. I don't recall where I'd first read about it, but when we consulted with Dr Stagnone back in 2007, he said that yes, he gives his patients this option, adding that there's been a study showing that Betadine can degrade implant integrity over time (no mention of whether it was 10% of the solution, or 100% concentration, or what), then went on to say that for his patients who requested it, they've never reported any such issue.

Hang on, I managed to dig up an old email I'd written to someone about this. Here's the relevant snippet:

I had mentioned reading about one of the local surgeons (couldn't remember his name right away) and how he reduces the rate of capsular contracture by liberal usage of antibiotics.  Dr Stagnone picked up on this and ran with it.  He said that was Dr Adams, and said that his published approach definitely helps.  Using injectibles as well as washing out the pocket with a Betadine solution (and rinsing with saline afterwards) is the way he prefers to do things.  He mentioned that he prefers to add a small amount of Betadine to the implant saline itself as yet another level of keeping things sterile.  He said that there have been studies done showing that Betadine can be damaging to the implant shell, but he pointed out that (for those patients who agree to this technique) for the long-term patients who have been with him, they haven't experienced premature implant failure.  He asked what our preference was, and we said to definitely stick with the Betadine, so he wrote that down as well.  He said that Dr Adams had come up with an alternative, that it wasn't quite as effective as using Betadine, but that it wasn't bad as alternatives go.  His personal preference was still with using Betadine.
Former admin of
(since retired)

Tags: