Author Topic: Were extreme size silicone implants safer than current methods?  (Read 7640 times)

hoogleboogle

• Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 181
Were extreme size silicone implants safer than current methods?
« on: January 07, 2021, 11:34:32 pm »
As most of us know, XL silicone implants were banned by the FDA long ago. Silicone was the implant type of many of the 90s XXL boob queens like Wendy Whoppers. The current available methods of achieving extreme volume (1000CCs all the way to 2000, 3000 and beyond) are through overfilling saline, and through saline expander implants which are filled gradually inside the body.

It's my understanding that overfilled saline and expanders are 'off label' uses for those products. They are intended for and approved for other uses. Because those products are widely available, a handful of surgeons are able to use them for XL boobs.  It does seem that complications become nearly inevitable after 2000CCs. Many popular models have had issues at this volume. And it's likely that there are more with complications that kept that information private.

Were silicone implants any safer in this regard? Even though they are no longer approved by regulating authorities like the FDA, is it possible that they were actually a better, safer or more stable option for extreme volume breast implants?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 06:37:46 pm by hoogleboogle »

Wabill

• Thank You
  • -Given: 343
  • -Receive: 495
Re: Were extreme size silicone implants safer than current methods?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 03:32:19 pm »
I would think that a properly manufactured and quality tested silicone implant of say 2000cc would be a safer  more reliable long term device that an expander. They are  designed for 1000 cc max fill but are taken to 2000cc or greater.

Expanders  are meant for short term use only and are designed to work safely within their rated fill range.
Long term use when filled beyond their design range carries a higher risk of failure.

Clearly the expanders used by girls are of a high quality design and manufacturing as they are regularly used and last well.

However my observations have been  that  beyond  2000 cc complications rate increases drastically.

To the special girls in our lives who are filled with Fake happiness!!

hoogleboogle

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 12:11:56 am »
I would think that a properly manufactured and quality tested silicone implant of say 2000cc would be a safer  more reliable long term device that an expander. They are  designed for 1000 cc max fill but are taken to 2000cc or greater.

Expanders  are meant for short term use only and are designed to work safely within their rated fill range.
Long term use when filled beyond their design range carries a higher risk of failure.

Yes, that's exactly my thinking as well. There are a handful of surgeons who have learned to use those implant types to give huge boobs, but that's not the intended use of the implants. The demand for XXL breast implants hasn't gone away, and in my opinion has actually gone up as information and interest is shared through social media and the internet. There's no telling for sure, but there may be more women with 1500CC+ or 2000CC+ with the current overfilling/expanders approach than with XXL silicone back in the day.

In light of this fact, I think the FDA and other regulating agencies to reevaluate XXL silicone. If women are going for these sizes through any means necessary, they should be given the safest and highest quality implants to do it.

hoogleboogle

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 07:45:01 pm »
One thing I'll add though is that an advantage of the expander technique is that it eliminates the need for repeated surgeries. To achieve 2000CC+ otherwise requires 3 or 4 augmentations, correct? So in an ideal world, a woman could get her first augmentation using expanders, gradually fill to 2000CC, then replace with a high quality XXL implant that was designed and intended for long term use at that size.

analromper

• Thank You
  • -Given: 26
  • -Receive: 649
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 04:54:51 pm »
One thing I'll add though is that an advantage of the expander technique is that it eliminates the need for repeated surgeries. To achieve 2000CC+ otherwise requires 3 or 4 augmentations, correct? So in an ideal world, a woman could get her first augmentation using expanders, gradually fill to 2000CC, then replace with a high quality XXL implant that was designed and intended for long term use at that size.

Let me also point out a disadvantage of expanders: they are not intended to be permanent. As you already describe, the idea of an expander is to "make room" for a later permanent and normal implant. So the way they are used by those girls that get them in order to get bigger and bigger is a clear misuse of the original intention, which only gets worse once they get extremely overfilled.  And they are also prone to fail either due to problems on the fill ports or simply due to the extreme overfilling, as we see and hear of all the ex Domanskis patients having issues...

Wabill

• Thank You
  • -Given: 343
  • -Receive: 495
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 10:56:39 am »
Over  filling standard Saline implants seem to be reasonably reliable , compared to expanders.
As stated, expanders allow a girl to progressively reach their desired size, ready for a more suitable ,long term implant.
In which case an over filled saline shell might be a better option than keeping expanders in place in the longer term.

I have to admit the girls just seem to keep going up and up until the expander fails or other issues arise.
Maybe it’s a lemmings thing?.
How many girls actually stop at a size and stay there?

How many have had their expanders in for a long time, say 3 years or longer?

I think the girls do need a safe and permanent option for once they have reached their  desired size.

To the special girls in our lives who are filled with Fake happiness!!

LukeHarper

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 11:04:26 am »
Implants today are soft sacs, usually inflated with a saline, or saltwater, ... For some women with breast implants, the psychological benefits of the procedure may ... For example, a large, 14-year study of 3,182 women with cosmetic implants ... fewer cases of cancer (31) than would be expected (43) in a group of that size

SexxyMoeFoe

• Star Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 64
  • Brains and body - deadly combination
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 05:36:12 am »
In light of this fact, I think the FDA and other regulating agencies to reevaluate XXL silicone. If women are going for these sizes through any means necessary, they should be given the safest and highest quality implants to do it.

Dr Domanskis and other have been petitioning the FDA for while now to allow sizes over 800cc, so it's not that no one is trying.  Others are still working on this even if Dr D is no longer around.

Technically saline over 800 aren't available either.  The loophole is that since you can overfill them, you can still technically stay at the 800cc limit for the implant but go as big as you want by overfilling. (Or docs are using larger implants off label.) But since silicone are prefilled there isn't a loophole...

I assume this makes larger silicone safer than overfilled saline, but if approved, technically it would make larger saline not overfilled implants, safer as well.
- SexxyMoeFoe 🥰

Ermagherd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 127
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2021, 03:18:42 pm »

Dr Domanskis and other have been petitioning the FDA for while now to allow sizes over 800cc, so it's not that no one is trying.  Others are still working on this even if Dr D is no longer around.

Technically saline over 800 aren't available either.  The loophole is that since you can overfill them, you can still technically stay at the 800cc limit for the implant but go as big as you want by overfilling. (Or docs are using larger implants off label.) But since silicone are prefilled there isn't a loophole...

I assume this makes larger silicone safer than overfilled saline, but if approved, technically it would make larger saline not overfilled implants, safer as well.

Didn’t Dr. D have some FDA skirting techniques like carrying out the operations in different countries too? Iirc he had quite a few remote offices

SexxyMoeFoe

• Star Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 64
  • Brains and body - deadly combination
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2021, 02:35:55 am »
Didn’t Dr. D have some FDA skirting techniques like carrying out the operations in different countries too? Iirc he had quite a few remote offices

Yes he had a deal with a manufacturer overseas did surgeries in UK and Caribbean
- SexxyMoeFoe 🥰

Roma1978

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2021, 07:04:53 am »
Hi, I'm from Colombia and had to cancel my boob job at Dr. Revis, because they won't give visa's anymore untill 3-2023.
Dr. Revis want 3000usd for a medical paper which gave me a small chance to get a urgency visa.

Dr. plovier has a waiting line of 2years....

I'm stuck... Caribbean would be perfect for me. Are there more doc's who do surgery in there? or Latin america.
I want 1200-1500cc expanders or saline overfill.

Thank you!!!

R&V

hoogleboogle

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2021, 07:59:19 pm »
Hi, I'm from Colombia and had to cancel my boob job at Dr. Revis, because they won't give visa's anymore untill 3-2023.
Dr. Revis want 3000usd for a medical paper which gave me a small chance to get a urgency visa.

Dr. plovier has a waiting line of 2years....

I'm stuck... Caribbean would be perfect for me. Are there more doc's who do surgery in there? or Latin america.
I want 1200-1500cc expanders or saline overfill.

Thank you!!!

R&V

Venezuela, Colombia and Brazil are countries where breast implants are very popular. In fact those are probably the top 3 in the world by the proportion of women with implants. I'm not familiar with surgeons there though. I know there are models living in those countries with 1000CC+ but don't know if they did their operation at home or in USA/Europe.

Expanders are probably hard to find and limited to a small handful of surgeons who've pioneered the technique for XL implants. Overfilling ought to be easier to find. You may have to just contact a lot of surgeons and ask about it. If you do, report back and share the knowledge of which surgeon will do it.

Roma1978

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2021, 06:38:40 am »
thx for the reply.  We moved from Europe to beautiful Medellin.
The percentage of plastic girls is just bizar. In the gym sometimes close to 100%

But no mega big boobies, just big booties, big, very big, very very big  ;D

Hardly see over 700cc boobs here.
If you know models with 1000+cc's pls share with me and my wife will contact them on IG or so.

Tags: