Author Topic: Good Peer Support Websites for Women Making the Decision  (Read 13085 times)

unnaturalperfection

• Thank You
  • -Given: 224
  • -Receive: 123
Good Peer Support Websites for Women Making the Decision
« on: August 04, 2014, 02:16:03 pm »
What are some good peer support websites to help women get in contact with other ladies who have already gone through breast enhancement?

The two I know of are justbreastimplants.com and realself.com.

What I would really like to see is a group that focuses on larger sizes, 800cc and above. If that's not realistic then at the very least it has to have a culture of sizing up and going bigger.

JBI is like that to an extent. Would be nice if there was a similar forum maybe in another country, mostly run by women that are even more size obsessed. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 02:19:26 pm by unnaturalperfection »

princess_dj

• Star Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1549
  • -Receive: 2700
  • boobie greed is all-encompassing
    • ClipTeez
Re: Good Peer Support Websites for Women Making the Decision
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 03:44:00 pm »
the doctors and most members on realself seem to be mostly against larger implants, as some really weird replies are given sometimes the moment implants 500cc or more are discussed, but i can't say the same for JBI, there are many girls who like and want and have bigger implants! it's just a constant that most girls, once they have the size they want, stop being as active, so there's that problem, and no matter the place and form of support group, this will always be.
your GND with fake boobs
find me on:
 my clipteez store
 twitter!
 instagram!

1000cc of boobie goodness ^_^

MasterDragonfly

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 764
  • -Receive: 452
    • Larger Implants Info
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 09:59:28 pm »
There's another Swedish-based one, IIRC. Don't recall the URL offhand. Also, like JBI, they really don't hanker well to men participating.

Oh, I almost forgot about implantinfo.com. Haven't even cast a glance that way in *years*. They were probably the first forum on the scene, going back to at least 1997. Looks like this is the link to their forums: http://www.implantinfo.com/discussions/index.aspx

Good luck.
Former admin of
(since retired)

KwukDuck

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6003
  • -Receive: 7231
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 01:21:52 am »
There's another Swedish-based one, IIRC. Don't recall the URL offhand. Also, like JBI, they really don't hanker well to men participating.

Oh, I almost forgot about implantinfo.com. Haven't even cast a glance that way in *years*. They were probably the first forum on the scene, going back to at least 1997. Looks like this is the link to their forums: http://www.implantinfo.com/discussions/index.aspx

Good luck.

Here's a fun fact, i tried to check that site's forum and i immediately got the message that my IP has been banned. I guess somebody doesn't like competition or my opinion in one way or the other...

MasterDragonfly

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
    • Larger Implants Info
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 01:55:48 am »
Huh. I wonder if they've got a referrer detection set up, and seeing that it comes from this site, that's what they've blacklisted...? Just a wild guess.

You could try copy/pasting the link into a Chrome Incognito tab (just in case any cookies got dropped into your browser) and see if you get any further. *shrug*
Former admin of
(since retired)

Indy

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1291
  • -Receive: 11322
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 09:08:55 am »
A huge source of information on that website:

http://cosmeticsurgeryforums.com/index.htm
Lots of information there, yes. But the site is heavily outdated. Time for us to refresh some of that out here :).
No seriously, we're working on creating an information database like that for our front page...
I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live.

KwukDuck

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6003
  • -Receive: 7231
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 02:01:27 am »
A newer information source about breast implants:
http://www.simplybreastimplants.com/

And the sizes and dimensions of different manufacturer:
http://www.simplybreastimplants.com/breast_implant_sizes/index.html

Well... somebody seems to be violating copyright there ;) They copy/pasted the manufacturers documents.

For anyone looking up brand or type specific information, i would advise to use the original source and not from a 3rd party, it may be outdated.

MasterDragonfly

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
    • Larger Implants Info
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 02:36:54 pm »
I had a look through a handful of them, eg, Mentor, Eurosilicone, and one or two others. Of the ones I looked at, none listed sizes larger than 800cc.

I also found the site to be a bit lacking in responsiveness. Maybe it's just me. I was tempted to do a wget to pull all those pages down so I could review them from my laptop later. Actually that still might not be a bad idea to do, just for posterity.
Former admin of
(since retired)

MasterDragonfly

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
    • Larger Implants Info
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 03:47:23 pm »
From my side I have zero problem with responsiveness. Don't know where the site is hosted. Maybe it makes a difference.

Looks like it's a GoDaddy site.

The initial page load is pretty good, but it seemed to be loading some extra cruft which isn't necessary. Then for whatever reason, scrolling through the page isn't exactly snappy, it tends to freeze/unfreeze the scrolling, whether I use my mouse or the up/down arrow keys. That's usually a dead giveaway that there's some bloat going on. I've had the same experience using Firefox on Linux, as well as Chrome on OS X. And I've got a pretty fat pipe connecting me to the internet.

Heh, just did a quick test now:

Code: [Select]
$ curl http://www.simplybreastimplants.com/ > homepage.html

curl: (7) couldn't connect to host

Whoops. ;)

Once it becomes available again, I'll try to get some more meaningful stats.

I also saw this site was created by Nikki who was active on JBI. When I look on JBI I see her profile / account say Nikki_INACTIVE. It seems something happened there.

I was going to take a look to see where it mentions Nikki on the website (guessing the homepage?) but I'm waiting for the site to become available again. As for whatever happened, maybe someone at JBI decided that it was being competitive, and not complementary.

Well and that the sizes might be restricted to 800 cc's, maybe she focus on what is available to the US.

Quite a number of the links say "(Outside US & Canada)". I know I checked at least one of those, and it has the same max size.

Also I miss the information that Sientra has been bought by Silimed, but the whole implant business runs under Sientra - at least for the US and NA, because Sientra has had its market there. And eg. Silimed only remains as product line/name for US/NA:
http://www.sientra.com/Content/pdfs/Product_Catalog_Breast_Implants_and_Tissue_Expanders.pdf
And Silimed had had a partnership with Polytech in Germany (not named on that history line ;-) ) which ended 2008 http://www.silimed.com.br/en/silimed-main/history/

Also Arion mention on their website saline expander, but I didn't find that information on the simplybreastimplants site.

Anyway, I find it interesting as a starting point.

This is where it would be great to have something more wiki-oriented, I think. You've obviously got a lot of great info to share.
Former admin of
(since retired)

MasterDragonfly

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
    • Larger Implants Info
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 03:54:04 pm »
Okay I just checked the site another way:

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/simplybreastimplants.com

Looks like it's just me. :-/

I then went through a proxy site and... it's up. Dafuq? I'm being blocked?

I should point out that I have NOT tried to wget mirror those pages, merely random clicks here and there.
Former admin of
(since retired)

Tags: