Author Topic: sub folders?  (Read 8852 times)

powaqqatsi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 189
Re: sub folders?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2020, 09:15:20 pm »
The racial subfolders...I understand why they exist but I don't know that they're catering to the right motivations.  I'd love to see them go.

For this site specifically it makes a ton of sense to have folders based on ccs and maybe further delineation either as a parent or subs regarding non-nude, softcore only, hardcore, and maybe extreme or fetish models.  I think it makes sense to continue having fitness models and bodybuilders as their own thing but once they establish themselves as also having a career in softcore or above may as well move them.  People miss out on new discoveries and content by subdividing beyond what the stated purpose of this site is and I think any move towards aiding discovery is a good one.

Anything racially specific or relating to tattoos can be handled by a more robust use of tags.  I'd also love to see an amateur section that is devoted to true amateurs and/or to promote models that might not get the support of a mainstream following.  It would be interesting to decide as a group to really back one or two models every now and then as a community to help further the cause, so to speak. 

Just spitballing since that seems to be the theme here.

Justinbetween

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2020, 01:57:33 am »
great more blm anti whatever protesting.
How come there isn't a Mexican chica header?

poot222

• Substantial Member
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 223
  • -Receive: 315
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2020, 01:18:38 am »
We should totally remove the race-based sub-categories, because it is racist. Especially the part about "white" being the default. Just because the majority of models have light colored skin, does not mean they should be the default.
Also, the idea of separating models by implant volume is sizeist. Some ppl cannot afford large implants, or that is just not the way nature made them. Have some respect.
And the assumption here is that all models have to have plastic surgery to be worth even looking at. That is body shaming, you selfish, selfish assholes. You are making people feel bad by excluding them. We need to include models that are NOT enhanced.

And last but not least, the base line assumption that models are women, or identify as women. That is unbelievably sexist and also transphobic. There would not be a trans category, and we should have a rule that requires members to upload a male-identified model, a non-binary gender model, and a physically disabled model any time they upload a picture of a "female" model.

Or we could just get off our fucking high-horses of moral purity and admit that separating models by race is, in fact, neither bad, nor actual RACISM.

dissenter

• Thank You
  • -Given: 574
  • -Receive: 526
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2020, 10:38:32 am »
Why is this the only section with a lot of pictures that isn't separated into subsections/folders depending on race?

A very stupid idea, in my humble opinion.
racism is superplus uncool. and cringey, and dumb.
Fight war criminal Putin and his depraved henchmen.

Where morons set the rules, there go mainly fools.

By the way: the forum title is 'the perfect boobs' and not 'the most bloated and most botched boobs, lips and asses'. Just saying ...

Jimport

• Thank You
  • -Given: 177
  • -Receive: 693
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2020, 03:55:54 pm »
I think there should be more gradiations for sizes. Many boobs in „Adult Models“ are too small for my taste, I therefore don‘t browse it often. In addition I don‘t understand why goddesses like Derek are listed in this thread. I would offer myself to tidy this up.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 04:47:52 pm by Jimport »

powaqqatsi

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2020, 08:28:11 pm »
We should totally remove the race-based sub-categories, because it is racist. Especially the part about "white" being the default. Just because the majority of models have light colored skin, does not mean they should be the default.
Also, the idea of separating models by implant volume is sizeist. Some ppl cannot afford large implants, or that is just not the way nature made them. Have some respect.
And the assumption here is that all models have to have plastic surgery to be worth even looking at. That is body shaming, you selfish, selfish assholes. You are making people feel bad by excluding them. We need to include models that are NOT enhanced.

And last but not least, the base line assumption that models are women, or identify as women. That is unbelievably sexist and also transphobic. There would not be a trans category, and we should have a rule that requires members to upload a male-identified model, a non-binary gender model, and a physically disabled model any time they upload a picture of a "female" model.

Or we could just get off our fucking high-horses of moral purity and admit that separating models by race is, in fact, neither bad, nor actual RACISM.
As much as I appreciate the epic pwnage of your post I want to point out that separating anyone by race is, in fact, the definition of racism. 

If you find it difficult to have diversity and a boner at the same time, that's fine but let's call it what it is.  I honestly don't expect anything to change since this has been the status quo across adult entertainment for probably as long as it has existed.  But I do find it strange that defaulting to that as a template continues without any substantive introspection.  If this were to happen in any other setting it would be called out and changed immediately.  And no, it's not an active, hateful racist act.  Usually.  It just continues a softer, seemingly less destructive casual racism that eventually makes the more violent, hateful kind seem just a little bit less terrible.  I don't blame the admins or mods for following a template but I'll just put out that if you're afraid to offend people by changing things maybe you are offending the right people.  I might have already said that but it bears repeating.

I realize I'm not going to win anyone over here.  The world is a hateful place right now and adult entertainment is usually the last place for any sort of enlightenment to enter since too often people associate it with absolute moral decay.  Which it can be, but own that as a kink if that's what you're into.

azrael79

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 65
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2020, 01:42:53 pm »
Classification is in this context another term for racism.

Indy

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1291
  • -Receive: 11322
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2020, 06:44:50 pm »
Well I tried to get a moderator to delete this thread because...  but hey I guess they don't care what the fuck you say so..
We (as moderators/admins) do care what is said, but have you considered the following:
- We need to listen to everyone, not just you.
- We could just not agree with you.
- We could just not have read your complaint.
- We could just have forgotten about it.

Keep in mind that we all have jobs, and very little time to worry about pleasing everyone.
I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live.

jratt85

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2020, 12:49:58 am »
Well I tried to get a moderator to delete this thread because...  but hey I guess they don't care what the fuck you say so..
We (as moderators/admins) do care what is said, but have you considered the following:

Keep in mind that we all have jobs, and very little time to worry about pleasing everyone.
So it's better to leave a thread up for people to talk shit about than closing it to get rid of an argument? I'm sure it only takes a few seconds to close a thread.

powaqqatsi

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2020, 08:19:41 pm »

So it's better to leave a thread up for people to talk shit about than closing it to get rid of an argument? I'm sure it only takes a few seconds to close a thread.
Can you please clarify what you mean by "talk shit"? 

Also, how is asking someone to get rid of an argument actually resolving anything?  I clearly have a POV here but how can you not see that if this thread were to just suddenly be deleted without comment the mods would open themselves up to actual criticism rather than theoretical, speculative, discussion?  Clearly they see that.  I've encountered many reckless moderators at other sites but whether you agree with them all the time or not I think the mods here are, as a whole, very mindful and deliberative.  And it's only fair to point out that I don't think anyone is saying that people who visit this site are inherently racist.  Though I'm sure that the usual average applies to this population as to any.  But now that the subject has been brought up - by you, by the way - it's worth having an honest and open conversation about.  I'm sorry that it isn't going in the direction you had hoped but I also think it's great that the conversation has been allowed to continue.  Even if nothing changes to the organization of the boards, having this be an open and possibly never solved discussion is a pretty good way for the mods to show that they acknowledge the issue but aren't ready to take action on it now, or ever.

Indy

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1291
  • -Receive: 11322
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2020, 02:36:07 pm »

A few seconds to remove, yes. But keep in mind that we always read and have to understand what was written before we remove it. People mostly take care and pride to what they write here, so we moderate with that in mind to do their contributions justice. And yes, that often means that we need to put ourselves into the mindset of those who write here, even though we do not agree with them.
So let's assume we need only 1 minute to read through a thread. We have over 41000 threads! That would take us the better part of a decade.

Closing the thread would just make people upset and they'll start that same argument elsewhere, in multiple other threads, some even without us knowing.
And since when is closing the thread a solution anyway? Pretending it doesn't exist?
I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live.

Tags: