Author Topic: 888's furious ranting room  (Read 65634 times)

chevychase1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1271
  • -Receive: 3586
Re: 888's furious ranting room
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2020, 03:55:40 pm »
Still, most people are taking fucking liberties around where I live.

Stupid bastards.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 12:22:48 am by chevychase1 »

KwukDuck

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6003
  • -Receive: 7231
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2020, 09:07:46 pm »
Months in, it's become horrifyingly clear how contagious and dangerous this virus is, the economy is collapsing, our social structures falling apart and there's still a lot of people that complain how this is all a hoax or over-hyped or claim it's just a political agenda. Ignoring emergency regulations and neglecting their own responsibility.

I'm convinced that we are still, in these stages of social distancing and (semi)lock downs, highly underestimating both the virus and the impact it will have on our economy and society. The worst is yet to come, and we'll be stuck with this for at least months to come, or so i predict.

To all these "nay-sayers" and conspiracy nuts, if you want to get infected, suffer from severe pneumonia and take a 50/50 to die, that's up to you, when you're consciously endangering others you're an inexcusable fucking moron. Get your shit together and bring good evidence if you want to talk.

Indy

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1291
  • -Receive: 11322
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2020, 09:34:34 pm »
A little update on our end:

My gf and I have put ourselves in self-isolation because our jobs allow us to, not leaving the house unless for groceries, and when we do groceries, it's at a time when nobody's there, and we take 2 full carts, so we only have to go once every 2 weeks or so. Not seeing anybody, except for my parents, who do exactly the same, they're just retired and locked themselves down as well. We visit them every other day to keep eachother company. Since neither us or them visit anyone, haven't shown any symptoms and haven't done so for 3 weeks, it's relatively safe to say that we can at least see eachother.
We've got a little (private) party-bar that's not being used now for obvious reasons, so we've just finished converting it to a little fitness room so we can still be active and distract ourselves a little.
I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live.

chevychase1

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2020, 12:26:46 am »

My gf and I have put ourselves in self-isolation because our jobs allow us to, not leaving the house unless for groceries, and when we do groceries, it's at a time when nobody's there, and we take 2 full carts, so we only have to go once every 2 weeks or so. Not seeing anybody, except for my parents, who do exactly the same, they're just retired and locked themselves down as well. We visit them every other day to keep eachother company. Since neither us or them visit anyone, haven't shown any symptoms and haven't done so for 3 weeks, it's relatively safe to say that we can at least see eachother.
We've got a little (private) party-bar that's not being used now for obvious reasons, so we've just finished converting it to a little fitness room so we can still be active and distract ourselves a little.

That's how it should be done, for those who can do it that way.

It's not being taken seriously in Britain at all.

dajkam

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 161
  • -Receive: 244
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2020, 01:27:34 am »

That's how it should be done, for those who can do it that way.

It's not being taken seriously in Britain at all.
Don't get crazy. The economics suffer most at the end => there will be no boob jobs in the upcomming year :(

bangthebox

• Donor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 120
  • -Receive: 513
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2020, 07:05:45 pm »
1) This virus, like many before it, came from China. Western scientists confirm this as they have with SARs, Swine Flu etc.

2) China should never have been allowed to permeate so far into world markets. Our greed for profit did this.

How can you single out China? The world is very interconnected, if the virus arose in any western country it would spread just as quickly Even Ebola which came out of a place that is on the edges of the world economy and is much less infectious than the coronavirus managed to spread to the United States. And since China is the most populated country and one of the most connected there's just more chance of the virus arising there. I don't remember people blaming Egypt for MERS.

I guess as far as this site is concerned it is annoying how women will have to put off procedures until it's over and there will be very little professional content produced.

KwukDuck

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6003
  • -Receive: 7231
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2020, 02:59:46 am »
I think we got really lucky this time around... Imagine if MERS had been as contagious as this one... O_o
A matter of /when/, not /if/. Hopefully we learn from this.

dajkam

• Administrator
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2020, 03:06:32 am »
Free not to answer but Does anyone know someone who is infected?

tybalt50

• Thank You
  • -Given: 114
  • -Receive: 407
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2020, 03:16:09 am »
Look at the curves of Italy, Spain and the US. They're identical, only the US is anywhere from two to four weeks behind Italy and Spain. Now, the major differences are 1. Spain and Italy are testing MASSIVELY. 2. Spain and Italy are locked down COMPLETELY. It doesn't matter if there are few confirmed cases where you are, you're locked down. and most importantly, 3. The leaders take it seriously, and the people who are heading the pandemic control efforts are experts, not politicians. Leaders there don't grandstand and demand praise at every turn. They work in close cooperation.

Hence, while Italy and Spain are starting to see the curve flattening a bit, the US is headed for catastrophe. I just say trump is saying he wants to end restrictions by end of April? If this remains true to form, that should be just about the time that the outbreak in the US is at its absolute worst.

I say this apolitically. The numbers don't lie. The train wreck that's headed America's way is epic.

tybalt50

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2020, 03:18:38 am »

I'm in Spain. My girlfriend's aunt was just released from the hospital. A number of people in my apartment building have tested positive, but have mostly mild symptoms. I've tested negative twice. I'm lucky

dajkam

• Administrator
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2020, 10:06:17 am »
In my province there is like only 22 people infected out of like 6 milion I'm from Poland. The aitude of the people and the outthorietes is mental. Every 1h a loud comunicate(asking people to stay home) is being played.

nhb2007noo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2020, 03:29:05 am »
The idea that this is a Chinese disease is so profoundly not helpful. Aside from its obviously xenophobic suggestion, there's the additional problem that it may not be true.

Evidently, there were numerous cases of strange pneumonia spreading in Italy in November. It is perhaps exactly the same strange pneumonia that the Chinese helpfully named and sequenced.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3076334/coronavirus-strange-pneumonia-seen-lombardy-november-leading

chevychase1

• Thank You
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2020, 05:27:42 pm »
My sister's next-door neighbour hanged himself two nights ago. It was thought to be over the catastrophic damage that the virus has done to his financial situation.

His wife found him and got help. Then the ambulance turned up. No word as to whether or not he is dead.

tybalt50

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2020, 02:54:54 am »
The idea that this is a Chinese disease is so profoundly not helpful. Aside from its obviously xenophobic suggestion, there's the additional problem that it may not be true.

Evidently, there were numerous cases of strange pneumonia spreading in Italy in November. It is perhaps exactly the same strange pneumonia that the Chinese helpfully named and sequenced.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3076334/coronavirus-strange-pneumonia-seen-lombardy-november-leading

What makes this especially harmful is politicians are wasting time with trying to assign blame; with some going so far as to demand investigations. I think the government has MUCH better things to do right now than to concentrate on assigning blame. So you blame China, how many lives will that save? How many people will be protected from infection?  There will be plenty of time later to sort out who did what. Let's concentrate on this problem now.

snooch81

• Thank You
  • -Given: 180
  • -Receive: 802
  • Ebony & Asia
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2020, 09:41:07 am »

The closest thing I know of is the husband of a colleague of mine. But since they live in Munich and our office is in Switzerland we were not affected. And luckily they are fine and the mandatory quarantine ended this Monday.

Otherwise our complete office has been in home office for a month now. The only eerie thing is that, every time since the outbreak I see a ambulance with sirens on every time I leave the house. Usually I would encounter an ambulance once every 90 days or so.
Ebony & Asia

Tags: