Author Topic: LOCKED: Transgender names (split from: Re: Are implants slowly getting out...))  (Read 4295 times)

CyBerLee

• Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 41
On the issue of transgender? I have respect for all people and that also means that do exist before they change their names, they had a transformation, just as butterfly have change so have they and taking away who they were before the change is to me disrespectful. Bullshit is not acknowledging the bravery to make that change. Now for Caitlyn Jenner, I was very proud of the athletes that won those medals representing our country! I take offense that what she did to make the change as something to be a shameful not talk about subject of embarrassment. That should not be a hateful thing to recognize transgender in their attempt to make that change for themselves. I included both names of the person before and after, to acknowledge that transformation and the ability and encouragement that person went thru!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 07:34:13 pm by loveboobs »

Daddy Vlad

• your grace
  • Donor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 315
  • -Receive: 1419
    • Fetlife
Re: Re: Are implants slowly getting out of fashion?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 04:38:44 am »
I don't think Caitlyn Jenner ever considered herself a duck.

CyBerLee

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 05:42:09 am »
I have no idea what that mean to be a duck or why anyone would think she was one? Is Duck a new derogatory slang?

Posting what the person was called and what they are now is not consider hate speech, but refusing to acknowledge of who they are now would be disrespectful. Changing my comment and then state that my comment was change because of it being a violation of a hate speech, is unkind.

I have listen to Caitlyn interview and she has stated that she is a new person starting with her new name, and her past was a different person that they are not one and the same, but a reborn new person altogether and that she herself is proud of who she was and who she is now. Regardless of who she is, you can't take away her status of being a national hero in many ways more than just an athletic spokesperson, and actor.

Daddy Vlad

• your grace
  • Donor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 315
  • -Receive: 1419
    • Fetlife
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 03:24:56 pm »
Just asking... you called them transgander.

loveboobs

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 439
  • -Receive: 623
  • Plastic makes perfect...
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 07:45:33 pm »
taking away who they were before the change is to me disrespectful.

Bullshit is not acknowledging the bravery to make that change.

I take offense that what she did to make the change as something to be a shameful not talk about subject of embarrassment.

That should not be a hateful thing to recognize transgender in their attempt to make that change for themselves.

I included both names of the person before and after, to acknowledge that transformation and the ability and encouragement that person went thru!

Calling a trans person in your message by "Old First name/Last name (Current first name)" is not "recognising", "acknowledging that transformation" or "encouragement". Claiming that is either completely disingenuous or woefully misguided. Additionally, your original message didn't make any reference to "athlete" or "national hero".
Plastic makes perfect...

loveboobs

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 07:48:27 pm »
Also, please read https://theperfectboobs.net/index.php?topic=40713.0

Specifically: "do not alter or remove changes made to your post by a moderator, or remove your moderated post altogether".
Plastic makes perfect...

CyBerLee

• Thank You
Re: Are implants slowly getting out of fashion?
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 12:00:52 am »
You did alter the text by eliminating what I said, Anyone who sees that mentioning both the former and new name as hate speech would have agreed that it was reaching. That was why you altered the text. You didn't send a private email of how you felt or ask me how I felt about transgender, and assume publicly that i was being disrespectful to her. You made a judgment without knowledge publicly without representation of my thoughts.

As for the acknowledgement of who she was, almost everyone knows Bruce Jenner's Olympic medal achievement, and actor of TV shows, more so of the gender change. Huge name recognition and endorsement. Most people could see how much courage it took to change gender base on that. I'm sorry that you don't recognize that power of encouragement and the strength of the LGBT community as a whole. I feel that by eliminating the text and assigning hate toward the transgender, that you made the topic a setback of embarrassment and shame. You made mentioning a transgender past name along the new name as a shame for the transgender transformation.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sex-transition-plastic-surgery-statistics-2017-5

Since Caitlyn Jenner there has been a 20% increase of gender change medical procedure

Next time please ask me if I was being malicious to the transgender, don't assume without the fact
I think it was an over reach to assume merely from mentioning both names

loveboobs

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 12:37:01 am »
I didn't actually describe it as hate speech. Unfortunately you re-edited your post and deleted all of the original content, or you'd be able to see that.

Referring to a trans person primarily by their previous name, and then parenthesising their chosen name afterwards (as you did, and as I previously explicitly pointed out above) is absolutely disrespectful, unless they've specifically said that's what they want (though I seriously doubt any trans person who has actively chosen to change their name would).

There is ample public evidence of how Caitlyn Jenner wants to be referred to; why don't you go and look at the numerous interviews involving her since her transition.

Since Caitlyn Jenner there has been a 20% increase of gender change medical procedure

Which has exactly zero to do with misnaming her.
Plastic makes perfect...

CyBerLee

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 06:42:05 am »
I deleted it after you alter the text and didn't give you permission to misquote me! Apparently you didn't see enough interview of Caitlyn speaking her mind, but you went ahead and now speak for her opinion as well. I feel bad for you! I guess you have something to work out for yourself and your defensiveness. I hope you find peace and forgiveness.

You even deleted reference to Caitlyn impact on the world. Pretty determine to squash anything that make you re-evaluate your stance.

CyBerLee

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2017, 07:02:31 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/may/08/caitlyn-jenner-bruce-transitioning-kardashians-reality-tv-star

"This so-called “dead-naming” is a source of particular angst to many in the trans community, for whom use of their old names is associated with efforts to shame them. But, says Jenner, “I had a life for 65 years. OK?” Besides which, “I liked Bruce. He was a good person. He did a lot in his life. Oh, ‘he didn’t even exist’. Yes he did exist! He worked his butt off. He won the [Olympic] Games. He raised amazing kids. He did a lot of very, very good things and it’s not like I just want to throw that away.”

loveboobs

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 12:51:18 pm »
I deleted it after you alter the text and didn't give you permission to misquote me!

To be absolutely clear, the change I made was from "Bruce Jenner (Caitlyn)" to "Caitlyn Jenner [MODDED: explanation]". That is moderation, not misquoting, and as I said, subsequently deleting the message is against the forum rules.

Apparently you didn't see enough interview of Caitlyn speaking her mind, but you went ahead and now speak for her opinion as well.

Perhaps you should read the article you linked to yourself. Nowhere in it does it say that Caitlyn Jenner wants to be known in arbitrary contexts as "Bruce Jenner (Caitlyn)".

You even deleted reference to Caitlyn impact on the world.

See above for my exact changes.

Pretty determine to squash anything that make you re-evaluate your stance.

You mean how I have split this discussion off and left it unlocked instead of deleting it entirely? Yep, looks like I'm determined to squash anything ;D
Plastic makes perfect...

CyBerLee

• Thank You
Re: Transgender names (was: Re: Are implants slowly getting out of fashion?)
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2017, 06:30:04 pm »
Okay you finally came clean on the text change, but you are delirious in not being able to read what she said in the whole article I posted and you also brought back the link to her influence of the plastic surgery for transgender , which was the point of the topic that you rudely change to shaming the transgender by denying their past lives. The article if you read the whole thing is about her embracing the Bruce that is in her. You want to insist that by naming both past and present name as a shame for referencing her past. This is important because I think you are confuse about what angst the transgender community is making them feel shame for the transformation. You are still stuck in the past of ridiculing their past lives. 40% of the transgender were made to feel shame for their wanting to change that lead them to suicide. It isn't just about denying their past to be new, but recognizing them for who they are now, and the process of who help them make that change. Also somehow you are going to convince yourself that naming their past name and present name is disrespectful by bringing up the past lives as such because I used the ( ) instead of the " " mark that some people use to make a reference of implied. You made matter worse by implying that the transgenders should feel shame of their past lives that they lead before becoming their true self. You didn't bother to read the whole article or even got to know Caitlyn in many other interviews and articles. You just assume that she would be shame of her past lives, because she is a transgender like all transgender that you think you know. Prejudging them all in one big derogatory group. The intent was to show that she was courageous in leading by example to change in public, and you decided to derail the topic by induction of shame for her past name being mention.

I knew her from many interviews and articles, and you even ask me to look for them, and now that I found them for you to read, you refuse to acknowledge her views on the subject. Your mind is made up, and not much hope for you to open up to treating the transgender community with respect that they should be deserve. I feel bad for you to close yourself off for people different from you.

loveboobs

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
Re: Transgender names (was: Re: Are implants slowly getting out of fashion?)
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2017, 07:29:30 pm »
Locked.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 08:37:46 pm by loveboobs »
Plastic makes perfect...

Tags: