Author Topic: Polypropylene Breast Implants  (Read 31929 times)

MystiquEvolution

Polypropylene Breast Implants
« on: March 12, 2014, 05:31:33 pm »
I remember reading about this years ago. Of course they are banned by the FDA, but occasionally,  I hear mention of them. I know the surgery isn't performed in the U.S. anymore. When is the last known case of someone getting then? Also, what's the Success vs. Fail rate?  I've heard a few horror stories, but I've also seen how awesome ladies look when it goes well. Your thoughts?

topbblover

Re: Polypropylene Breast Implants
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 09:59:26 pm »
I know that before it was banned 62 women had them. But the most interesting fact was that as far as I know only 10 who were from the adult industry. :o To me it looks like that quite a lot of unknown women also wanted to have huge fake boobs. Which to me it is a prove that not every woman with huge fake boobs wants to be famous and/or work as a sex/erotic worker. ;D

Models I know with string implants:

Chelsea Charms
Elisabeth Starr
Kayla Kleevage
Minka
Maxi Mounds
Melonie Charm
Mistress Rhiannon
Teddi Barrett
Phoenix K
BB Gunns
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 10:12:13 pm by topbblover »

topbblover

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 10:11:20 pm »
One interesting thing was also that the other women aparently couln´t get the size of Chelsea Charms.

It is a shame that it didn´t work out, because string implants had mayor advantages:

* Just one operation but constant growing

* Growing goes slow and smoth without the need of changing the implant.

* Anytime you can adjust the size by taking fluid out.

I think the bann was simply to early because it had potencial. It was a prototipe procedure and of course it wouldn´t work well right on, they should have keep working on it to fix the problems it makes. In my opinion with the problems fixed string implants are a legit alternative when somebody wants to achive huge sizes.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 10:12:59 pm by topbblover »

blasto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 10:25:01 pm »
I wonder why the operation has not been used in other countries.  The FDA does not rule over the entire world. 

erokai

• Thank You
  • -Given: 115
  • -Receive: 227
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 10:43:57 pm »
Mistress Rhiannon

thats not right - as far as i know ... i have a short fill up vid ... she have had saline expander ... ;-)

6 months to remove a computer virus is very fast when you work in the business & it's your own one - thumbs up !

topbblover

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 11:58:24 pm »
Mistress Rhiannon

thats not right - as far as i know ... i have a short fill up vid ... she have had saline expander ... ;-)

By Mistress Rhiannon I wasn´t sure at all but then I readed it on the Boobpedia. BB Gunns also not sure at all, altough she has menitoned it in a talkshow posted in Youtube.

Ddefg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 479
  • -Receive: 151
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 04:44:48 am »
Sable Holiday ?

The truth is complications appear many years later...

Too good to be true ?

splatterclasse

• Thank You
  • -Given: 126
  • -Receive: 338
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 12:47:51 pm »
I've heard that they got banned because the string would "merge" with the tissue or grow into the tissue
which made it impossible to remove all of it if the patient wanted to explant/downsize/switch.
I love boobs as much as the next guy... Wait, I love them more!

topbblover

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 04:37:27 pm »
Sable Holiday ?

The truth is complications appear many years later...

Too good to be true ?
As far as I know and acording to boobpedia, Sable Holiday never got string implants.

topbblover

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 04:43:01 pm »
I've heard that they got banned because the string would "merge" with the tissue or grow into the tissue
which made it impossible to remove all of it if the patient wanted to explant/downsize/switch.
I don´t know but this sounds really too serious to me. Why would then Chelsea Charms keep them?

As far as I know the implant itself is not that big, is the fluids of the body that make the breasts constantly grow, so inside a particular range you can adjust the size of the breasts by taking part of the fluids out. The implant itself can´t be downsized.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 04:51:29 pm by topbblover »

MasterDragonfly

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 764
  • -Receive: 452
    • Larger Implants Info
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 09:51:37 pm »

Yup, this is likely one of the key issues.

I spoke to the wife of Dr Baeke (you might recall he did Keisha Evans' huge implants) a while back, and she said she saw a video where the surgeon was trying to remove the string implants. It was apparently pretty unpleasant. The string can merge with some of the surrounding tissues, so either you cut the strings short and leave the rest in the tissues, or you try to cut open the tissues to try and release the string. Either way, it's a lot of work, and quite possibly never guaranteed to get all of it out.

Another reason for the possible restriction might be due to the unpredictable growth. Imagine if you got a new dental filler, and it was discovered that it expanded or 'grew' slightly in some people, but for a small percentage of people it grew quite radically. Oh sure, you could 'fix' it by going back to the dentist once in a while to have the excess filed back, but that seems to be a bit of an inconvenience, if you ask me.

The medical community really really like predictable outcomes. Random growth is not what would be considered predictable.
Former admin of
(since retired)

MasterDragonfly

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
    • Larger Implants Info
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 10:00:23 pm »
I don´t know but this sounds really too serious to me. Why would then Chelsea Charms keep them?

Excellent question. Probably the best person to answer that would be Chelsea Charms.

Absent that option, we can only speculate. It could be she enjoys the unique status it gives her, and/or the financial benefits from being the first one to go so big and develop a following. Imagine what would happen to her career if she had her strings removed (and there would be a health risk to doing so) and even getting 2000cc implants put in. Sure, she would probably still have a following of sorts, but she would eventually blend into the large implant boobscape.

As far as I know the implant itself is not that big, is the fluids of the body that make the breasts constantly grow, so inside a particular range you can adjust the size of the breasts by taking part of the fluids out. The implant itself can´t be downsized.

It's not really a medical device, in the same way a conventional implant is a medical device. It's more or less just a random collection of polypropylene string. And there's no real way to 'adjust' the implant, not in the same way a postoperatively adjustable implant can be adjusted. Instead of draining from a device which has a finite volume and a way to limit the dissemination of a possible infectious agent, you're sticking the needle into her breasts, into the trapped sac of serous fluid mixed with PPP string. There's no turning a dial from '5000cc' to '4500cc' and waiting for the magic to happen. It would be more akin to draining a pocket filled with something you didn't want in your body, except that the sac which contains the serous fluid and the PPP string is at equilibrium and sterile, and poking a needle into it risks introducing a pathogen to it. Once the pathogen is in there, it would have plenty of nooks and crannies to grow in, as provided by the PPP string, and especially where the PPP string has embedded into the surrounding tissue.
Former admin of
(since retired)

MasterDragonfly

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
    • Larger Implants Info
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 10:01:49 pm »
I remember reading about this years ago. Of course they are banned by the FDA, but occasionally,  I hear mention of them. I know the surgery isn't performed in the U.S. anymore. When is the last known case of someone getting then? Also, what's the Success vs. Fail rate?  I've heard a few horror stories, but I've also seen how awesome ladies look when it goes well. Your thoughts?

If you *really* want to do this, and have a cool $150,000 lying around to do it, I've seen mention of a place in Europe (or was it Russia) which will do this.

I would personally avoid it.
Former admin of
(since retired)

topbblover

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 03:03:48 pm »

Yup, this is likely one of the key issues.

I spoke to the wife of Dr Baeke (you might recall he did Keisha Evans' huge implants) a while back, and she said she saw a video where the surgeon was trying to remove the string implants. It was apparently pretty unpleasant. The string can merge with some of the surrounding tissues, so either you cut the strings short and leave the rest in the tissues, or you try to cut open the tissues to try and release the string. Either way, it's a lot of work, and quite possibly never guaranteed to get all of it out.

Another reason for the possible restriction might be due to the unpredictable growth. Imagine if you got a new dental filler, and it was discovered that it expanded or 'grew' slightly in some people, but for a small percentage of people it grew quite radically. Oh sure, you could 'fix' it by going back to the dentist once in a while to have the excess filed back, but that seems to be a bit of an inconvenience, if you ask me.

The medical community really really like predictable outcomes. Random growth is not what would be considered predictable.
About the unpredictable growth is in my opinion is not that worse because you control it by taking fluids out. Of course it is inconvenient but I think it is part of the price one has to pay, because that kind of breasts are not "normal" and she has benefits from it. Top tier profesional athletes also have to take much more care of their body. When your body is in the "extreme zone" you have to take more care, is part of the game.

But the merging in to the tissue is really unacceptable and a K.O. criteria, and if this can´t be fixed than in my opinion they should be banned, and work on other implants and/or procedures to get huge sizes in a healthy, stetical and afordable way.

MystiquEvolution

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 03:19:20 pm »
My biggest concern about them is exactly what has been mentioned. The merging in with actual breast tissue sounds quite risky if there is a major complication. Still, instead of banning them altogether, I think more studies, research and tests should have been done. How often does a medical procedure go right in the beginning. There had to be lots of trial and error just dealing with the breast implants we have now. If there was some way to improve polypropylene implants that reduced the risks more, I'm sure there would be many who would opt for them. Expander implants aren't without the possibility of their own complications. The option to chose deliberate and guide growth vs. Unpredictable I'm sure has to be an intriguing subject for some. Myself included!  :)

Tags: