Author Topic: [major] Do not impersonate someone else  (Read 8748 times)

Indy

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1291
  • -Receive: 11322
[major] Do not impersonate someone else
« on: June 19, 2013, 02:43:30 am »
Be yourself.
You have your right to privacy, you don't need to pretend to be someone else, just don't share your information if you don't want that.
But what you absolutely cannot do is claim to be anything you're not. It raises false hopes and annoyances by others.

What does this mean:
* Don't use false names: It is very unlikely that "Barack Obama" would use his real name on here.
* Don't claim to be of a different gender.
* Don't use a false identity to retreive information for journalistic / investigation / tracking purposes
* Don't claim to be from another country

* You can still use nicknames as long as they don't specifically imply a different gender than your own or imply that you are a different real person.

These rules are set to protect our other members. If people are at ease with some people, they may let go of information they wouldn't to a stranger. If they turn out to be someone they're not, they will feel betrayed. Don't do it.

To make it more clear:
This server is located in the Netherlands and Dutch law applies here. Identity theft and entrapment are ILLEGAL here by law and it would allow us to place charges worldwide.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 03:51:50 am by KwukDuck »
I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live.

Indy

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1291
  • -Receive: 11322
Re: [major] Do not impersonate someone else
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 02:19:21 pm »
Another addendum which only makes sense, but I feel it needs to be adressed:

Don't use somebody else's account, or have someone else manage your account.

For example, if your partner has an account here, don't use that account, but make your own. People have a tendency to tell private stuff to another, it will be really weird if somebody else uses the account and doesn't know what is being talked about.
I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live.

Tags: