Author Topic: Delete Post  (Read 2763 times)

otoshi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 233
  • Tidy
Delete Post
« on: September 23, 2020, 06:45:45 pm »
I would like to know if the delete post function was deleted : I used to delete some of my posts
( when they were not replicated ) in order to move the topics but there is no longer this option !

cobraeaterss

• Thank You
  • -Given: 87
  • -Receive: 1821
Re: Delete Post
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 08:23:02 pm »
Still there...top right corner of the post there is QUOTE MODIFY REMOVE.  Click REMOVE then OK.  If there are replies after your post, it cannot be deleted.

otoshi

• Thank You
  • Tidy
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 09:04:29 pm »
Still there...top right corner of the post there is QUOTE MODIFY REMOVE.  Click REMOVE then OK.  If there are replies after your post, it cannot be deleted.

thanks for the explanation but some posts i posted even if there is no answer this function remove disappeared

poot222

• Substantial Member
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 223
  • -Receive: 315
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 11:41:47 pm »
thanks for the explanation but some posts i posted even if there is no answer this function remove disappeared
Post a screen shot of that, please.

otoshi

• Thank You
  • Tidy
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 04:46:10 am »
Post a screen shot of that, please.

Thanks for the attention : I will post screenshots in addition and links of the topics in question and the necessary explanations

Note: I was LOGGED in to both topics so it is not a matter of me being logged in to one topic and logged out in another topic !

In this topic (Keylee Parker) the remove function is visible and available

https://theperfectboobs.net/index.php?topic=2089.msg546115#msg546115

In this topic (Vanessa Playboy Casting Call 2010) the remove function is not visible and available

https://theperfectboobs.net/index.php?topic=11844.msg540658#msg540658

As can be seen in these links provided in both of these topics, no one answered my latest posts in addition, the last posts
were mine so I would not be able to remove my posts would not have as reason there are answers after my posts in topic

poot222

• Substantial Member
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 08:52:42 am »
The only immediately visible difference was a lack of Thank You on the locked post. I added a Thank You.
Check that post again and see if it will let you remove now.

Edit: The normal post is more recent, that may be the issue. Some SMF setups only allow edits when the post is not yet viewed, perhaps TPB has a config that limits by date. Try this: look up the post dates on a few more. See if the recent ones are normal and the older ones are locked. THat may be the issue.

otoshi

• Thank You
  • Tidy
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 03:11:31 pm »
Thanks for your attention and explanation: I went to the topic / post Vanessa Playboy Casting Call
2010 where you gave thanks and it still cannot be removed ( the delete function does not appear )

In relation to the most recent posts, would you be referring to mine or to everyone? Because some of these topics where i posted
the most recent posts were mine and some can be removed and others cannot be removed in addition some of these topics my
posts would not be the most recent and some can be removed and others not

Would any modification to the SMF settings be possible? Also curious is that in the past even in the oldest posts they had the
option of being removed but recently I am having this problem

poot222

• Substantial Member
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 08:06:46 am »
By recent post, I did not mean that your post was the last. I meant that a post that is a month old, maybe cannot be removed.

Check some of your old posts that are a month or so back. See if any of them can be removed. (Guess: no)

More recent posts (even if there is a post after yours) as in from a few days ago, check and see if they can be removed. (guess: yes)

I suppose there could be a setting, I will look for it. Nothing was changed on purpose, to my knowledge, but SMF updates may have changed defaults.

otoshi

• Thank You
  • Tidy
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 12:11:20 am »
By recent post, I did not mean that your post was the last. I meant that a post that is a month old, maybe cannot be removed.

Check some of your old posts that are a month or so back. See if any of them can be removed. (Guess: no)

More recent posts (even if there is a post after yours) as in from a few days ago, check and see if they can be removed. (guess: yes)

I suppose there could be a setting, I will look for it. Nothing was changed on purpose, to my knowledge, but SMF updates may have changed defaults.

Thanks again for your attention

1) Now I understand what recent post means ( English is not my native language I don't know how to read / write English so I use Google
Translate and therefore there may be translation / interpretation errors ) and in relation to the posts the posts cannot be removed old
( months / weeks ) can't really be removed but recent posts ( days ) can't be removed either : The photo of Keylee Parker and the GIFs of
Julri Waters that I posted are very recent ( only a few days ) and are already impossible to be removed

2) If the settings can be modified / changed I am grateful : Some of my favorite models are not very well known and therefore there is not
much material on them ( photos / videos ) and for this reason their topics are not so visible / visited as the topics of the most well-known
models so I usually delete / remove and repost to "move" their topics in the hope that someone who knows / likes them and who may have
some material ( photos / videos ) about these models see the topic!

poot222

• Substantial Member
  • Administrator
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 01:51:08 am »
Your English is better than that of many Americans is, probably because you actually try. No worries.

I found the timeout for edits. It is 3000 minutes, or about two days.

Since what you are doing is removing and then reposting, I have decided not to change it.
The forum has a rule against "bumping" topics. Meaning, posting useless content like "bump" to bring it back to the top.
This is to support the integrity and value of the forum, at large, by only having meaningful posts.

Between you and I tho, we can all agree that a lot of posts are not really "meaningful".

I would request that you not remove and replace threads for less-popular models. Instead, perhaps try a google search and then post any new results you find. If no new results, perhaps post that you have just done a search and have found no new content, inquiring if anyone else has.

Tags: