Author Topic: Disappointing Lara croft in the new Tomb Raider movie  (Read 6949 times)

charlestone

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 21
Disappointing Lara croft in the new Tomb Raider movie
« on: March 13, 2018, 09:43:28 am »
What do you think about the appearance of the new Lara Croft in the new Tomb Raider movie? It's a little disappointing because of the tiny boobs of the actress named Alicia Vikander.

I prefer other Lara Croft as Bianca Beauchamp.

Do you know other cosplay of Lara Corft more faithful to the original and with her big tits as a main feature?

Alicia Vikander

Bianca Beauchamp

Original Lara Croft

KwukDuck

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6003
  • -Receive: 7231
Re: Disappointing Lara croft in the new Tomb Raider movie
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 11:03:41 am »
That's actually sad...

Active feminism gradually destroyed Tomb Raider over the years.

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1839
  • -Receive: 609
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 11:29:19 am »
That's actually sad...

Active feminism gradually destroyed Tomb Raider over the years.

Agreed.

The hypocritical thing is that many male superheroes have huge muscles - but you don't hear men's groups (or women's, for that matter) whining that they perpetrate a stereotype.

But if Tomb Raider has huge breasts...oh, no no no - that just won't do.

Look ladies - either complain about ALL stereotype perpetrating or complain about none of them (and I choose the latter, btw).

This latest Tomb Raider looks ridiculous.

Tomb Raider is supposed to be small boned, but athletic and have BIG boobs. It was the number one thing she was known for in the video game (looks wise).

It would be like Superman having Sheldon Cooper's build.

Come on now.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 11:31:41 am by 888 »

Arie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1813
  • -Receive: 1722
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 11:37:36 am »
This has been discussed before, but in general I agree. I would have liked a more tongue in cheek version of a Tomb Raider movie that doesn’t take itself too seriously, but seeing they weren’t even able to achieve that with the Baywatch reboot, I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

FYI: The movie is based on the game “Tomb Raider” released in 2013 that rebooted the franchise and Lara into the version we have seen the last few years. It is as far as I know seen as a prequel series to the original games where Lara was more mature. Kinda sad how we never got the cover version of Lara of the first few games in any actual game play, once the graphics became good enough to actually make Lara look like she was envisioned, they moved to a more realistic look. There is a scene in the trailer where she rocks a version of her classic outfit with the braid and all, would have been fun if that were in the end of the movie as Lara being all grown up (along with some implants lol), but it seems to just be a little tease for the fans.

That being said: Buzz is pretty good so this might be the first videogame film adaptation ever that is good/great, so I’ll definitely check it out!
General laws of fake boobage:
1) Fake boobs should not bring unnecessary health risks
2) Fake boobs should look as beautiful as possible, unless this breaks rule 1
3) Fake boobs should be as big as possible, unless this breaks rules 1 and 2

lars573

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 103
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 02:54:24 pm »
Yep, hard as it may be to hear Alicia Vikander is the perfect person to play the version of Lara Croft they're basing this movie on.

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1839
  • -Receive: 609
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 05:01:09 pm »
This has been discussed before, but in general I agree. I would have liked a more tongue in cheek version of a Tomb Raider movie that doesn’t take itself too seriously, but seeing they weren’t even able to achieve that with the Baywatch reboot, I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

FYI: The movie is based on the game “Tomb Raider” released in 2013 that rebooted the franchise and Lara into the version we have seen the last few years. It is as far as I know seen as a prequel series to the original games where Lara was more mature. Kinda sad how we never got the cover version of Lara of the first few games in any actual game play, once the graphics became good enough to actually make Lara look like she was envisioned, they moved to a more realistic look. There is a scene in the trailer where she rocks a version of her classic outfit with the braid and all, would have been fun if that were in the end of the movie as Lara being all grown up (along with some implants lol), but it seems to just be a little tease for the fans.

That being said: Buzz is pretty good so this might be the first videogame film adaptation ever that is good/great, so I’ll definitely check it out!

And I hated that redo. It was based on NOTHING but women complaining about big boobs. And the filmmakers thought they better make Lara's chest small to bring in more gals. There was NO OTHER REASON. This is not an evolving Lara or a redo for solid, story telling reasons...this is purely a PC Lara.

And it stinks.

Not just for the lack of a big chest...but I despise PC crap. Especially when it starts turning a long time franchise vanilla.

As I said in a post above...why is it okay for male superheroes to have ridiculously huge muscles but it is SO HORRIBLE for one female hero to have really big boobs?
 YUCH...I cannot stand the way America is going...PC bullshit.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 05:03:32 pm by 888 »

Arie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1813
  • -Receive: 1722
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 05:54:49 pm »
Yeah, just saying she is based on the currently popular game series including the character’s looks. The franchise had turned to shit at Core/Eidos, and once the right had sold it was hit ‘n miss. Since the reboot however they are generally considered good games neither because or despite of the lack of boobs, just gameplay. So yeah, I agree with Lars that the casting of this film is pretty good when considering they are trying to capitalize on the success of the current game franchise.

I also agree with you 888, the gameplay would probably be just as good with a more plastic looking Lara so one can probably have it both, but they are gladly giving up the guys who want to play with a hot chick for the girls who wanna play with a more “realistic” looking woman. IMO simulation is fun and all, but in the end videogames can do so much more. I do think it should be either/or. So if there ever is another, a proper, effort to remake the original trilogy as the original team would have dreamed, than please don’t just give her a cup size or two extra, but go full plastic with perfect bimbo doll lips and bolt-on tits.

As for super heroes, excellent point there! I’ve used it before :-) I don’t mind unrealistic representation of men at all in comic book movies. They are exaggerated versions of male attractiveness (that along with their powers puts the super in super heroes) to the point keeping up that physique would be a full time job. Look at Captain America or Superman. Look at Logan played by a 50 year old guy. Now women do get in shape for super hero roles and it is appreciated by the feminist community because the emphasis is on muscle building and that is considered empowering and inspiring. But you won’t see an actress get implants to qualify for a role to look like the source material. Now you light say: “Well wait, you are talking surgery here, not just getting in shape” and that is true and I’m not saying actresses should get surgery, but the men aren’t “just” exercising either. Do you think those body transformations are possible in a couple of months? Steroids AND surgery (lipo sculpting / abdominal etching) are for sure being performed in cases where an actor doesn’t have the time to build his body for a year or so. All I’m saying is that if the women cast as Black Cat and Siver Sable thought it would be fun to get 2000cc implants to look comic book accurate, they’d probably be recast lol. So no surgery, fine that’s probably for the best. Why not atleast have the female costumes look atleast similar to the comic pages. I was thoroughly impressed with the balls Fox had to give Olivia Munn the proper Psylocke costume in X-Men Apocalypse without being apologetic about it. But look at most other female costumes? They are often very much so toned down where-as the male costumes are generally just as tight and bulging with muscles and well, bulges. “Women can’t have the bodies of their comic characters, so the outfits would look stupid”. Two answers: 1) The men can’t either, but they try to anyways, sometimes the suit adds to mass to make them look closer to the comics (could work with female bodyparts aswell) and 2) If nothing else works use CG! Look at the Hulk! No-one is waiting for Lou Ferrigno, so they CG a accurate body with Mark Ruffelo’s face on it. Nothing is more rediculously and stereotypically masculine as the Hulk, why wouldn’t this work with a female character who’s body is to rediculous to achieve by a mortal human being?

At best this all is a bit of over sensitivity and a the worst it’s sexist towards men lol. In reality it’s probably somehwere in between.
General laws of fake boobage:
1) Fake boobs should not bring unnecessary health risks
2) Fake boobs should look as beautiful as possible, unless this breaks rule 1
3) Fake boobs should be as big as possible, unless this breaks rules 1 and 2

KwukDuck

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 07:00:09 pm »
I actually enjoyed the new game. But that had nothing to do with Lara.
Back in the days i both enjoyed the game AND the character :D

KwukDuck

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 02:20:21 am »
Can't always stand this guy but this is quite in line with how i feel about the matter xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh-8besxRZM

wankytourist

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 37
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 12:30:37 pm »
I might be in the minority, but -- who gives a shit how big her tits are? The 2013 Tomb Raider reboot was great because she was scrappy and had to face death and madness for the first time, and the game was actually fun to play for the first time. Big tits wouldn't have helped her -- they were going for realism, which is fine. It was mostly a knockoff of the Uncharted video games.

Also I kind of think it's silly to shitpost a movie because the actress doesn't have big enough tits. What planet are you living on that there's going to be a Tomb Raider movie with Princess Pumpkins or someone like that?

nayan2k9

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1880
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 04:56:46 pm »
you're definitely in the minority lol

KwukDuck

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 07:45:23 pm »
I might be in the minority, but -- who gives a shit how big her tits are? The 2013 Tomb Raider reboot was great because she was scrappy and had to face death and madness for the first time, and the game was actually fun to play for the first time. Big tits wouldn't have helped her -- they were going for realism, which is fine. It was mostly a knockoff of the Uncharted video games.

Also I kind of think it's silly to shitpost a movie because the actress doesn't have big enough tits. What planet are you living on that there's going to be a Tomb Raider movie with Princess Pumpkins or someone like that?

As you may have noticed, there's not a topic about every movie or game character that doesn't have big boobs to complain about.

Tomb Raiders Lara Croft was iconic for being a sexy, fit, strong, adventurous girl with big boobs, yes, those boobs were part of that image. It broke stigma at several levels, which was great.

This image has lingered on in silence until there was this feminazi reboot, which I can only see as a rip-off money grab off of an existing legend, instead of a true reboot.

We really need another adventure game? There are so many awesome adventure games, in challenges, story and graphics. What they lack is Lara, the real one.

We're not even talking Princess Pumpkins here, although i'm sure many here could appreciate that. Lara has been nerfed into a small fragile boy without a penis instead of a hot sexy bad-ass babe.

wankytourist

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 08:14:47 pm »
If that's your opinion, then fine, I won't argue against it. To me, Lara Croft in the original Tomb Raider's impact was all about having a kickass woman adventurer first and foremost. She was supposed to be like a female Indiana Jones. Because of a coding error, her tits kind of defined the series from the start, but I don't think that's the only thing that should define her. Yes, I think this movie is a cash grab and it's probably forgettable, but I still really don't think it should matter how big her tits are. In my mind, that wasn't the defining characteristic.

As you may have noticed, there's not a topic about every movie or game character that doesn't have big boobs to complain about.

Tomb Raiders Lara Croft was iconic for being a sexy, fit, strong, adventurous girl with big boobs, yes, those boobs were part of that image. It broke stigma at several levels, which was great.

This image has lingered on in silence until there was this feminazi reboot, which I can only see as a rip-off money grab off of an existing legend, instead of a true reboot.

We really need another adventure game? There are so many awesome adventure games, in challenges, story and graphics. What they lack is Lara, the real one.

We're not even talking Princess Pumpkins here, although i'm sure many here could appreciate that. Lara has been nerfed into a small fragile boy without a penis instead of a hot sexy bad-ass babe.

ThomasSmith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 2454
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 08:30:08 pm »
The inflation adjusted opening weekend grosses of the original Angelina Jolie-helmed Tomb Raider movie from 17 years ago would be $103 million in today's ticket prices, according to box office mojo. The opening weekend projection for this new and "improved" Lara Croft movie is $22 to 24 million, so less than a quarter in tickets sold compared to the first film - even though the US population grew by 50 million people in the meantime.

It seems to me that this feminist-approved reboot is as "popular" among moviegoers as other such recent reboots, like Ghostbusters. Maybe, just maybe, angry (and vocal) feminists are not representative of the general audience and catering to them for mass market blockbuster movies is a bad business move.

Personally, the proportions of the original Lara aside, I just find Alicia Vikander miscast in such an action role. She obviously worked out hard to look the part, but she's still a tiny chick and, just like Emilia Clarke in the last Terminator fuck-up, got the part more because she had the name recognition, not because she was a natural fit for it.

I would have cast a taller, more naturally athletic actress with a bigger physical presence. Like Jessica Biel. Or Antje Traue. Or my favorite, Adrianne Palicki.

In a nutshell: Casting a petite character actress for an iconic female action hero was bound to fail. Would Sarah Connor still be remembered as an action icon if Meg Ryan had played her instead of Linda Hamilton? Would people still rave about Ripley's hoverloader fight with the alien queen if Fran Drescher had been cast instead of Sigourney Weaver? Doubtful. Casting plays a huge, underestimated role in the success and failure of movies.

wankytourist

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 08:50:28 pm »
I don't disagree with you that Alicia was not right for the role. She's a very talented actress and the producers took advantage of her rising success. It's very similar to Michael Fassbender in Assassin's Creed.

We didn't need these movies, but Hollywood needs money so here we go. I don't think having a taller, more athletic woman would have made it any better. I don't think having a curvier woman would have made it any better.

Tags: