Author Topic: Our last downtime  (Read 1181 times)

Indy

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1291
  • -Receive: 11322
Our last downtime
« on: June 11, 2023, 06:00:09 pm »
Hi everyone, welcome back!
Our apologies for taking too long with getting TPB back online.

The problem was two fold:
1. I didn't have a lot of time, because our house actually got finished by the contractor and we received the keys just as TPB went down. There was so much to do that I didn't have time to notice that it was down.
Since the last crash, we didn't set up a system so the other admins could check to see what went wrong, so that's something I need to set up.
2. The problem itself was complicated.
A bit of tech talk: TPB runs on a virtual machine, that runs docker. 2 Docker containers: The PHP webserver, and the MySQL database. Above that, there's a proxy server that talks to you and the webserver.
It took us a while to figure out what was wrong, but we found the culprit: The docker service, on the VM host itself wasn't responding, although, everything within the docker containers was fine. I could access the database, I could access the webserver. It all looked like it was fine. No harddisk that was full or anything.
Only when I wanted to shut down docker, to do a full reboot... it just couldn't. It wouldn't shut down any docker containers, and telling the system to reboot also didn't work. Only after I gave it a hard reboot, it did so, but the docker containers all came back 'dead'.
Fortunately, we had our docker deployment scripted on Github, so we could re-deploy everything. All the files and database were stored on our NAS, so that was all okay. So it's working now.

The problem that it took so long is to identify that Docker itself crashed, that's something we've never seen before and it didn't occur to us to look there.
Now, a reboot and rebuild worked, and that's fine. I still don't know what caused it. There's no logs telling me anything. So I really hope it was a one time thing.
I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live.

BoobFlex2016

• Thank You
  • -Given: 315
  • -Receive: 690
Re: Our last downtime
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023, 06:39:49 pm »
Sounds like fun LOL!
Glad it’s back 🙂

My only suggestion is to use the Twitter account more frequently to post updates and info.
Fan of muscle control and Big flexing boobies. Willing and able to fund pec muscle control talent.  Always looking for new fake boobie flexers

Tags: