Author Topic: NEW PUBLIC CHAT!  (Read 16081 times)

KwukDuck

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5877
  • -Receive: 7193
NEW PUBLIC CHAT!
« on: December 12, 2017, 09:22:29 pm »
As some of you may know, we've been trying to change/improve/update our chatroom for years now, without any results. So we're still running the 2008! AJAX Chat.

Introducing: ThePerfectBoobs chat on Riot! Cures cancer. Zero calories :)

To join with your PC / internet browser, just go here, click Register at the top left, and choose a username and password (no need for email/phone or number) Or join the room directly and pick a username only (you can optionally set a password afterwards).

For ANDROID users:

Install the App from the Play Store with this link

For people having trouble with our Matrix chat/app, we have bridged a Discord room to the Matrix server.
https://discord.gg/AETR6Sz
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 04:02:44 pm by KwukDuck »

KwukDuck

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Thank You
Re: New Chat
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 09:40:00 pm »
A bit more about Riot - it's chat software based on the open Matrix protocol.

It allows for cross-platform, secure, persistent managed multimedia chatrooms and communities.
All without the need of extensive registration.

When using clients outside of the TPB links or integration, make sure you set custom home server https://theperfectboobs.net:8448 in your client.

As well as using Riot in your browser

You can:

Install the app on your:
Android device
or
IOS device
or
as a desktop application

Please feel free to join in. We will see how this works and if we can integrate it into TPB.

If you prefer to use other implementations you can find some here.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 01:38:03 am by KwukDuck »

loveboobs

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 439
  • -Receive: 604
  • Plastic makes perfect...
Re: New Magical Unicorn Chat
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 10:01:35 pm »
BTW any problems with the new chat (e.g. viewing/posting), reply on here and we'll figure it out.
Plastic makes perfect...

KwukDuck

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Thank You
Re: NEW CHAT!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 02:05:51 pm »
We've been testing Matrix/Riot chat for a few weeks now and are very pleased with the results.
We've also seen much more chat activity than we've seen in a long time on AJAX chat because it allows people to use it crossplatform and persistently and doesn't have all the bugs.

However, in order to have a fully functional chat.
It is fast.
Presence works.
It allows for better integration with tpb.
It allows for sharing of bigger and more media files.

So we did just that.
Everything seems to be running smoothly.

Join us with the new link to test and debug it a bit more with while our webdev is working on integration.
If you used it before, please logout current riot chat session first (Settings -> log out)
Please inform me of any issues you run into.

Chat Link updated in first post.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 04:03:50 pm by KwukDuck »

oschkosch

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 06:07:34 pm »
Can you integrate the new chat in form of a shoutbox like the current one? I and many others like the shoutbox style.

KwukDuck

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 12:18:40 am »
Can you integrate the new chat in form of a shoutbox like the current one? I and many others like the shoutbox style.

We're working on that, but it takes some coding... Stay tuned :)

MiamiMike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 409
  • -Receive: 1530
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 04:36:25 am »
We've been testing Matrix/Riot chat for a few weeks now and are very pleased with the results.
We've also seen much more chat activity than we've seen in a long time on AJAX chat because it allows people to use it crossplatform and persistently and doesn't have all the bugs.

However, in order to have a fully functional chat.
It is fast.
Presence works.
It allows for better integration with tpb.
It allows for sharing of bigger and more media files.

So we did just that.
Everything seems to be running smoothly.

Join us with the new link to test and debug it a bit more with while our webdev is working on integration.
Please inform me of any issues you run into.

Chat Link updated in first post.

Interesting!  In honor of your effort, Kwuk, I may have to give in and enter my very first chat of all time soon!   ;D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 01:38:46 am by KwukDuck »

Daddy Vlad

• Donor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 290
  • -Receive: 1378
Re: NEW PUBLIC CHAT!
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2020, 07:44:00 am »
I don't see any other thread on this so I'm just going to resurrect...

Is there a plan to consolidate chats into one place? I count like 4 locations now and it gets especially weird when you have private convos with specific people in different ones. I like Discord a lot, but none of my direct messages are in there. What's the story right now?

KwukDuck

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2020, 03:29:44 pm »
Story right now.

We have our own Matrix chat server, this can be accessed with the browser, desktop app, Android app and iOS app.

You don't /need/ an account on our server because matrix is federated, any matrix account on any server can connect to the tpb rooms. An account with our own server is easy and cuts out any delays and restrictions that may be in place on the other servers.

In addition to that we have a Discord 'server' that is bridged to our own Matrix server, we did this to accommodate the group of users that were fanatic Discord fans and apparently don't care too much for privacy and all kinds of restrictions and policies.
Bridging the two essentially makes the rooms sync up. The problem is direct messages, they do not cross the bridge.

The shoutbox you see on the front-page is just a little discord widget, as there were no nice widgets at the time for Matrix, but the messages end up in the same place anyway.

So it's just two servers that are synced. I don't see any way we can 'merge' these into one. We will look into better bridging, that possibly allows for direct messages.

Besides that, we still have Keybase running, which is not actively being maintained but still used a bit by a small group of people.
I would prefer to ditch that for and move those channels to Matrix as well, but that is up to the users of course.

LukeHarper

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2021, 04:10:36 am »
It is very good app I like that.

AlphaDaddy1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2021, 03:18:41 am »
I have downloaded the app, created an account on my PC through my browser, now how do I get there? 

Tags: