Author Topic: My experience going XL with Dr Hunsaker, Miami.  (Read 9858 times)

BabygirlBarbie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 69
My experience going XL with Dr Hunsaker, Miami.
« on: February 16, 2020, 12:11:13 am »
My partner and I's plan for me to go XL has been several years in the making, and months of pretty intense planning, organization, and assessment to get us to where we are today, which is 4 days post op, and 1800cc salines done by Dr Robert Hunsaker in Miami.

My partner and I are what you would describe as planners, and I was lucky- for my first surgery, my partner really did all the legwork for me.
He spoke to all the surgeons, wrote a detailed email and brief, and contacted many surgeons across america to help me achieve my dreams- which at the time, were modest. I had lost weight and along with it, my boobs. I just wanted nice boobs at this point, I really wasn't specific at that age.
Dr Revis gave me a lift, midsection lipo and 550cc high profile saline rounds from mentor.

My boobs were good, but I really had a terrible recovery experience. I had a really bad time with pain, got seromas and swelled up to the point I looked pregnant. Revis's office were fairly non responsive and he basically said he didn't want to work with me as a patient again.
Fine by me. My poor partner was panicking and he was dismissive, basically saying just give her the pain pills.
It took me about 3 months to come back to anywhere near normal, which put me off additional procedures for a long time. (Aside from superficial, and in the intervening years I had a lot of lip and facial fillers, botox, and other superficial improvements.

In the intervening time I had a chin implant, which went well, and some non cosmetic work, from which I also recovered with applomb.
When it came time to upsize again, it seemed like a huge project ahead. I got in contact with every XXL surgeon still practicing, and one or two who aren't. I'm based outside the US so it was roughly even for me no matter where I travelled, and there were budgetary constraints but none that were severe.

My original seeming choice was Dr Plovier in Belgium, but his wait time is half a year. I'm not the kind of woman to wait once I've made a decision so it was back to the drawing board.

I spoke to:
Dr Pousti (beautiful work, but nearly 20k. Worth it, but we plan to have children so a future expense). Dr Pelletiere (very close to Pousti at nearly 14500). Dr Hedden at about 11500 including some lipo but I didn't absolutely super duper love the look of his XLs. Dr Lamblet in Brazil (11500). Dr Baeke (now practicing in California, and seemingly from another time. Dr Bandy the most expensive at between 18 and 20k, with a lot of breast tissue removal. Dr Kim in Beverly Hills. And on and on I went. Drs in Belgium, france, latvia and Poland. I was searching for a very round high look, reasonable-ish pricing, knowing that I'll need a re-do after children, and a reasonable wait time.

Then I found Dr Hunsaker. Reasonable price (7500). Willing to work on my tummy (decided against it, but a very reasonable 5k.) Really nice, high round XLs. Willing to fit out of town patients in at reasonable notice. Could we come in a month? Yes! Easily available and very kind patient co-ordinator? Yes! Maria willingly listened to and fielded my endless questions. She was able to recommend accommodation. She fitted me in within a month.
Great!

So off we went to Miami. The Doc does pre-opp on Monday, and ops on wednesday. I went in for pre-op Monday, and due to some mistakes in google maps with the address, I went to the wrong building! Dr Hunsaker waited for me, patiently answered all my questions, and took bloods. 3 things to consider: He bases what he does on your wish pics, so unless you give him a number, he'll keep going till he gets there. I maxxed him out at 1800 and honestly wish I had let him keep going. He doesn't carry malpractice so you have to be comfortable with that (I mean, who successfully sues anyway? My view).
He also doesn't prescribe opiate painkillers. Gabapentin and ibuprofen. Another patient who went in before me got percocet from her pdoc and it might be worth considering if you have problems with pain.

I went in wednesday morning. Dr Hunsakers anesthetist Amy and OR nurse (Luz) are wonderful people. They talked to me as they got me ready and let me come back out to talk to my partner about my last minute chat with Dr Hunsaker (my 1800 limit) and were kind and distracting. I was out before I knew it. They gave me heated blankets and assured me I'd be fine. They also didn't strap me down till after I was out. When I woke up I was cold, but Luz got me covered in warm blankets and into my sports bra and shirt. Honestly, compared to my first operation its been a charmed recovery. My partner came in and I was lucid and holding it together. (I was out of it with my first op and don't remember much of the first week). My boobs look incredible, and I don't regret my XL implants, even though my original plan was 1200 or so. We drove home, stopped at steak and shake for lunch, and got to fun stuff pretty quick! They're round, high and look great in photos.

I'm still very tired, but I've been walking, shopping and out to Nordstrom rack and for lunch. I cooked dinner tonight.
Honestly I'm in amazing shape. My post op appointment is tomorrow afternoon and I'm really happy with where I am now. You must buy your own sportsbra, and for XXL the walmart ones don't quite do it. Bear that in mind.

I would 100% recommend dr hunsaker, who personally answers texts you guys.
Amazing service, amazing staff, and he should be higher on the list for those considering XL.

10/10 would do again. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
I understand I'm writing for an audience grounded in man logic, so rather than rattle on about my feelings, I've tried to keep this one factual but full of useful information.

For the ladies: Maria and Luz and Amy (the anesthetist) are all utterly fabulous feel good women. They'll make you feel great about your decision all the way through, and are all kind, empathetic, and lovely.

By contrast, I don't speak with my prior surgeon, think he's an asshole, who really doesn't care. So my first intro into surgery was rough and I had a fear problem for several years.

My only regret? I didn't go bigger. :D I probably will upsize in the future, but that will require a lifestyle discussion with my partner.

My stats for reference: I'm 165cm, 150lbs (pre-op) and post op have a 46' bust, and a 34' underbust.

I will leave room for my partners account below, should he desire to share.
Starting Stats: 182 pounds November 2014.
April 2015: 143 and still losing.
February 2020 150lbs.

Height 5'4.

Saline decided, size and profile wibbling.
My profile pic is me, as of 5/02/2020

Surgery: May 8 2015 at 2:30pm.
Lift, Augmentation and lipo on the trunk!

2nd BA 5th Feb 2020. Dr Hunsaker Miami. implant exchange and overfill of mod+saline 800s to 1800ccs.

If I saw you every day forever, I would remember this one.

dajkam

• Administrator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 161
  • -Receive: 244
Re: My experience going XL with Dr Hunsaker, Miami.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 01:58:40 am »
Will you show any before and after pics? To compare with your wish pics?p

bigmac

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 371
  • -Receive: 363
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 11:18:15 am »
My partner and I's plan for me to go XL has been several years in the making, and months of pretty intense planning, organization, and assessment to get us to where we are today, which is 4 days post op, and 1800cc salines done by Dr Robert Hunsaker in Miami.

My partner and I are what you would describe as planners, and I was lucky- for my first surgery, my partner really did all the legwork for me.
He spoke to all the surgeons, wrote a detailed email and brief, and contacted many surgeons across america to help me achieve my dreams- which at the time, were modest. I had lost weight and along with it, my boobs. I just wanted nice boobs at this point, I really wasn't specific at that age.
Dr Revis gave me a lift, midsection lipo and 550cc high profile saline rounds from mentor.

My boobs were good, but I really had a terrible recovery experience. I had a really bad time with pain, got seromas and swelled up to the point I looked pregnant. Revis's office were fairly non responsive and he basically said he didn't want to work with me as a patient again.
Fine by me. My poor partner was panicking and he was dismissive, basically saying just give her the pain pills.
It took me about 3 months to come back to anywhere near normal, which put me off additional procedures for a long time. (Aside from superficial, and in the intervening years I had a lot of lip and facial fillers, botox, and other superficial improvements.

In the intervening time I had a chin implant, which went well, and some non cosmetic work, from which I also recovered with applomb.
When it came time to upsize again, it seemed like a huge project ahead. I got in contact with every XXL surgeon still practicing, and one or two who aren't. I'm based outside the US so it was roughly even for me no matter where I travelled, and there were budgetary constraints but none that were severe.

My original seeming choice was Dr Plovier in Belgium, but his wait time is half a year. I'm not the kind of woman to wait once I've made a decision so it was back to the drawing board.

I spoke to:
Dr Pousti (beautiful work, but nearly 20k. Worth it, but we plan to have children so a future expense). Dr Pelletiere (very close to Pousti at nearly 14500). Dr Hedden at about 11500 including some lipo but I didn't absolutely super duper love the look of his XLs. Dr Lamblet in Brazil (11500). Dr Baeke (now practicing in California, and seemingly from another time. Dr Bandy the most expensive at between 18 and 20k, with a lot of breast tissue removal. Dr Kim in Beverly Hills. And on and on I went. Drs in Belgium, france, latvia and Poland. I was searching for a very round high look, reasonable-ish pricing, knowing that I'll need a re-do after children, and a reasonable wait time.

Then I found Dr Hunsaker. Reasonable price (7500). Willing to work on my tummy (decided against it, but a very reasonable 5k.) Really nice, high round XLs. Willing to fit out of town patients in at reasonable notice. Could we come in a month? Yes! Easily available and very kind patient co-ordinator? Yes! Maria willingly listened to and fielded my endless questions. She was able to recommend accommodation. She fitted me in within a month.
Great!

So off we went to Miami. The Doc does pre-opp on Monday, and ops on wednesday. I went in for pre-op Monday, and due to some mistakes in google maps with the address, I went to the wrong building! Dr Hunsaker waited for me, patiently answered all my questions, and took bloods. 3 things to consider: He bases what he does on your wish pics, so unless you give him a number, he'll keep going till he gets there. I maxxed him out at 1800 and honestly wish I had let him keep going. He doesn't carry malpractice so you have to be comfortable with that (I mean, who successfully sues anyway? My view).
He also doesn't prescribe opiate painkillers. Gabapentin and ibuprofen. Another patient who went in before me got percocet from her pdoc and it might be worth considering if you have problems with pain.

I went in wednesday morning. Dr Hunsakers anesthetist Amy and OR nurse (Luz) are wonderful people. They talked to me as they got me ready and let me come back out to talk to my partner about my last minute chat with Dr Hunsaker (my 1800 limit) and were kind and distracting. I was out before I knew it. They gave me heated blankets and assured me I'd be fine. They also didn't strap me down till after I was out. When I woke up I was cold, but Luz got me covered in warm blankets and into my sports bra and shirt. Honestly, compared to my first operation its been a charmed recovery. My partner came in and I was lucid and holding it together. (I was out of it with my first op and don't remember much of the first week). My boobs look incredible, and I don't regret my XL implants, even though my original plan was 1200 or so. We drove home, stopped at steak and shake for lunch, and got to fun stuff pretty quick! They're round, high and look great in photos.

I'm still very tired, but I've been walking, shopping and out to Nordstrom rack and for lunch. I cooked dinner tonight.
Honestly I'm in amazing shape. My post op appointment is tomorrow afternoon and I'm really happy with where I am now. You must buy your own sportsbra, and for XXL the walmart ones don't quite do it. Bear that in mind.

I would 100% recommend dr hunsaker, who personally answers texts you guys.
Amazing service, amazing staff, and he should be higher on the list for those considering XL.

10/10 would do again. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
I understand I'm writing for an audience grounded in man logic, so rather than rattle on about my feelings, I've tried to keep this one factual but full of useful information.

For the ladies: Maria and Luz and Amy (the anesthetist) are all utterly fabulous feel good women. They'll make you feel great about your decision all the way through, and are all kind, empathetic, and lovely.

By contrast, I don't speak with my prior surgeon, think he's an asshole, who really doesn't care. So my first intro into surgery was rough and I had a fear problem for several years.

My only regret? I didn't go bigger. :D I probably will upsize in the future, but that will require a lifestyle discussion with my partner.

My stats for reference: I'm 165cm, 150lbs (pre-op) and post op have a 46' bust, and a 34' underbust.

I will leave room for my partners account below, should he desire to share.

Thank you for your post.  My wife was also very happy with her choice to go with Dr H and we’re going back this year for an upgrade.  His offices are not the plushest but his care and staff are awesome.

Arie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1813
  • -Receive: 1722
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 12:40:51 pm »
Great to read such a detailed post about your research
General laws of fake boobage:
1) Fake boobs should not bring unnecessary health risks
2) Fake boobs should look as beautiful as possible, unless this breaks rule 1
3) Fake boobs should be as big as possible, unless this breaks rules 1 and 2

BabygirlBarbie

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 02:56:45 am »
Great to read such a detailed post about your research

Sure, if you have any questions, let me know!
February 2020 150lbs.

Height 5'4.

2nd BA 5th Feb 2020. Dr Hunsaker Miami. implant exchange and overfill of mod+saline 800s to 1800ccs.

BabygirlBarbie

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 03:23:44 am »
Will you show any before and after pics? To compare with your wish pics?p

My avatar is me on surgery day.
February 2020 150lbs.

Height 5'4.

Big Richard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 278
  • -Receive: 358
  • But, you can just call me Big Dick.
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2020, 07:29:25 pm »
Thank you for sharing all of that. 

smithjr

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1580
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 03:28:37 am »
Does Hunsaker do any type of internal bra? Something so that the boobs don't fall to the side when laying on your back?

BabygirlBarbie

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 06:49:09 am »
It’s not a full internal bra but they are stitched down.
They don’t fall when I lie down. Of course some will be inevitable.
February 2020 150lbs.

Height 5'4.

Tags: