Author Topic: Hana by Yusaka Okamoto  (Read 4260 times)

KwukDuck

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6003
  • -Receive: 7231
Hana by Yusaka Okamoto
« on: October 07, 2016, 01:42:31 pm »
As i'm visiting the Japanese film festifal here in the Netherlands i was shown a funny short from shortshorts.

"Hana" directed by Yusaka Okamoto.

You can see the trailer here https://youtu.be/MQtkzZMWjxI

Unfortunately i was unable to find the full short movie anywhere.

It tells a story about a highschool girl that unlike her friends, is still flat. It appears she gets bullied for that. One of her friends hands her this herbal powder that would make her boobs grow. She decided to take it and lo and behold, when she woke up the next morning the buttons on her shirt had popped off and she actually had boobs. Nothing any of us here would consider interesting but they were there.
At first things seem to change for her, people actually notice her and start behaving differently towards her, she seems very proud and confident and that quickly makes her the bully instead.
Again later i guess she feels guilty and overly conscious about her boobs and everywhere she looks she thinks people are stsring at her boobs or making fun of her and she has a kind of mental breakdown.
At the end of the schoolday she approached the guy that she's been bullying, again mainly to talk him down but she actually ends up in a conversation that makes her put things in perspective, the scene seems to end where they are very friendly and equal to each other.
The next day Hana wakes up again to find her boobs have grown again,  this time it's not an average b/c cup but they are very obvious and really big (like the size that would start to get some of us, including me, interested.). She's initially overwhelmed again and in shock, doesn't dare to come to school but eventually gathers ger courage and go to class even though she's late.
The movie ends with Hana entering a full classroom with everyone in 'shock' about her new look but she doesn't give a damn and walks in proudly with a smile as big as her boobs.

I really enjoyed the short, it has many regocnizable aspects and was quite well made.
If anyone watched it i would love to know what you think of it.
Also if somebody has the full film, feel free to send me a PM about that.

Tags: